Rare '29 T for sale - Only one left

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Rare '29 T for sale - Only one left
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Hoffman - Gold Country of Calif. on Friday, January 30, 2015 - 11:15 am:

http://goldcountry.craigslist.org/cto/4869405284.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By harvey cash on Friday, January 30, 2015 - 11:37 am:

Saw that on Craigslist this morning./ Hope it's just a misprint. Price doesn't seem overly high. Harv

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Friday, January 30, 2015 - 11:37 am:

Must have been left over when the Model A's came out. That would be shown on a California title, Year 1927 First sold 1929.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Friday, January 30, 2015 - 11:43 am:

Very nice Fordor. Correct bumbers. A 1927 style. fair price.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George John Drobnock on Friday, January 30, 2015 - 11:52 am:

And the engine number is?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Friday, January 30, 2015 - 12:24 pm:

Geez, can't you guys learn? The mistake was obviously made by a very kind, wealthy, crippled, medicated, WWI, WWII, and Vietnam war hero who just saved his neighbor's cat from an untimely death at the paws of an unruly dog. How dare you poke fun at this poor individual's ad on C-list. Shameful, just shameful.

(Message edited by JunkyJud on January 30, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Trenton, New Jersey on Friday, January 30, 2015 - 12:28 pm:

Very nice car, Im sure its a misprint. Iv done the same thing a couple of times. Justin, Use a bit of caution when mentioning war time vets on here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Friday, January 30, 2015 - 12:37 pm:

Yes, Will. Of course no offense to vets, wealthy, kind, handicapped, or animal lovers. Just a bit of reflection on some of the wild speculative stories and PC finger wagging that takes place on a regular basis here when any comment is made poking a bit of fun at something.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Friday, January 30, 2015 - 12:41 pm:

Folks quite often called my Model A a T and now the T's A's. It is a tip off of their knowledge. I enjoy any positive comments no matter what they call them.

It does look like a nice Fordor. Hope someone will enjoy it.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, January 30, 2015 - 04:34 pm:

Has Norman in the UK found a sedan yet??? Anybody know?
I have to run.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Friday, January 30, 2015 - 04:36 pm:

I assume it has been corrected. I went to the link and it says 1927.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, January 30, 2015 - 05:52 pm:

I am back, and I had a whole minute to look at the photos while eating a bowl of cereal. It looks to me to need more work than he would want to have shipped to the UK. Needs a complete top, no photos of the interior so it probably needs that. Paint needs finishing up, but looks okay. Says the engine is rebuilt. It looks like it may be a decent car for the money. It really would depend upon how solid is the rest of the wood?
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Friday, January 30, 2015 - 06:40 pm:

Looks like a great project to finish, but the price may depend on how rebuilt the engine and driveline is? Finishing the roof and interior isn't cheap..

The bare spare rim in the back made me wonder.. Were 1927 cars with wire wheels delivered with a tire on the spare? I know earlier pre improved cars with demountables didn't get any tire on the spare rim from Ford in USA.

When looking through earlier threads I can see broschure pictures posted by Dan Treace showing a 1926 coupe with wood wheels without any tire on the spare rim, while another picture shows an improved Fordor with wire wheels and a Coupe with optional natural wood wheels, both with complete spares. Maybe they were '27:s or maybe the complete spare came in a wheel option package in both '26 and '27?

(In europe the drop frame cars were advertised as having a complete spare from their debute for 1925 model year.)

(Message edited by Roger K on January 30, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Friday, January 30, 2015 - 07:51 pm:

It's a little high for a backyard overhaul and refrigerator paint. The interior is ratted-out and there's no top. The picture taker made it a point to exclude the interior and clear engine pictures. I suspect there's a lot more hiding going on too. The missing 10% could amount to over $4-6k for someone who is not prepared to do the work himself.

But, you never know. Somebody should buy it before it gets V8 power. :-)

(Message edited by ccwken on January 30, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Friday, January 30, 2015 - 07:54 pm:

Wayne...last time I talked to Norman in the U.K. he was still looking, and today I saw a Fordor on ebay and forwarded it to him.

I see the ad is changed to "1927". Not a bad looking car for the money. Wish I had the room, but I'm stuffed. Well, the barn that is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By n maver on Friday, January 30, 2015 - 08:51 pm:

Hi guys thanks for looking out for me! :-) I think Ken is right it is a little overpriced , considering the roof and the interior has to be $2000 in parts alone (I keep chuckling to myself ((refrigerator paint)) is just too funny) considering the car is located in California the sunshine State why is it not outside being photographed properly in the sunshine?? So I'm still looking and thank you Tim I got your e-mail today regarding the green car on tbay and yes it is a nice car, however I cannot get past the color green this color just does not work for me. Once again laddies thank you very much for looking out for me and thinking of me. I'm sure this gentleman will have trouble selling this car there is something very wholesome about it.
Norman

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Model-T-Restored-new-interior-wood-wheels-runs-and- drives-3-speed-/171660002720?forcerrptr=true&hash=item27f7bbc5a0&item=1716600027 20&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier on Friday, January 30, 2015 - 08:59 pm:

If this car belonged to you guys what would you ask,---- that's what I thought. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux on Friday, January 30, 2015 - 09:26 pm:

It will without a doubt, need every piece of structural wood replaced. 88 year old wood is drier than a popcorn fart.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Friday, January 30, 2015 - 09:58 pm:

26/7 fordors are not as common as tudors and coupes. I think they still have structural wood like the earlier bodies. Anyone looking at this car needs to take a real close look at that, as Ed suggests. Replacing all that wood will be real expensive and/or time consuming. I would not be surprised if it did not need a lot of wood replacement if it has been well cared for in this climate. We are a couple hours from Sutter Creek, we have friends there. Not a bad looking car, I think. That heavy brute will definitely want a Ruckstell if it stays in hill country.
Erik

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Friday, January 30, 2015 - 10:41 pm:

What would I ask? It's not mine but I would have saved the $50 spent on paint and car wash quarters and asked $4k.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 01:48 am:

The Model A (with similar wire wheels) came with no spare tire, although most dealers added them (for a minor charge! :-) ) so, probably the T ones came that way too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tim moore, "Island City" MI on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 09:38 pm:

Justin,

Really nice work on the C cab, it looks perfect and I hope you have the rest of it. I always wanted one of those but don't have room for another model T. It is too bad that you have insulted myself and many others with your posts as you can obviously contribute more than negative comments regarding C-list adds from people who don't know what they have (I take exceptional offense to the notation regarding "medicated" people as that is targeted at my neighbor and Vet's)

Do you speak from your vast knowledge of the subject or years of experience in this hobby? I have only been involved for 39 years so haven't had time to become a scholar such as yourself.

As far as being PC (politically correct) your score is -F, you fail. Please come back again with your outstanding craftsmanship as you are obviously a really talented guy but need a little work on social skills.

Tim Moore

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison North of Iowa on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 09:56 pm:

Tim, as a crippled, medicated, Viet Nam Veteran I don't really take much offense at Justin's comments. Although I'll admit, immediately after reading them, I secretly wished his most precious possessions would fall off, drop down his pants leg and end up in his boots. But in this day and age there are so many more callous, classless boobs in this world then just him, nothing he has to say really makes much difference.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, February 01, 2015 - 12:56 am:

Did someone say "boobs" ??? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux on Sunday, February 01, 2015 - 07:40 am:

I just cannot stop looking at that Fordor. The metal looks straight as an arrow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison North of Iowa on Sunday, February 01, 2015 - 08:17 am:

Mmmmmmm, booooobs. Doh!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier on Sunday, February 01, 2015 - 08:35 am:

Ed, it really does look straight. My old 24 tudor doesn't look that good and I wouldn't take less for it than what he's asking! KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Chochole on Sunday, February 01, 2015 - 10:15 am:

Boobs.....where?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, February 01, 2015 - 02:19 pm:

Statistics show that 54% of the U.S. population is female. My personal observations
suggest that 54% of THAT population has boobs worthy of further inspection. WHERE
we find them will vary from venue to venue. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison North of Iowa on Sunday, February 01, 2015 - 03:44 pm:

I'm lookin'. Leaving no stone unturned! Boooooobs!😛😋👍👙

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison North of Iowa on Sunday, February 01, 2015 - 03:45 pm:

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Tuesday, February 03, 2015 - 09:43 pm:

Tim,
I have to say that in hindsight, I see that what I wrote was out of line and really doesn't have a place here. I tend to look more at the face value of something that is written and don't really consider the source or the potential circumstances that an individual may be in who created it. My thought process, particularly for an ad like was brought up here, is that it is some sheister who is trying to turn a buck. Thank you for the reality check.

For anyone who took the comments out of the sarcastic context that I poorly conveyed, I apologize. I am most definitely not anti-vet or any other category that I wrote. I am a non-wartime vet myself. I will get back OT (ON topic)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison North of Iowa on Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 10:55 am:

Hey Justin, it's no big deal. There are a lot of people out there like me that wait to ambush people if they can make a case for political correctness. I don't think anyone was seriously injured by what you said. I apologize for falling into that group of phony overly sensitive opportunists that just can't wait to scream "victim" when someone tries to simply inject a little humor into the conversation. Oh, and yes, though I really am a heavily medicated crippled Viet Nam veteran I can still recognize when a little sarcasm isn't really meant to do any harm. But damn, don't we just love playing the victim.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 12:26 pm:

Since Tim brought it up, that really does look like a very nice C-Cab project of yours. Wish I had room for another T, it would be a C-Cab.

Have you got more any more pics of it, maybe to put in another thread?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison North of Iowa on Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 12:43 pm:

No kidding Justin, that C-cab is a jewel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 01:05 pm:

Thanks for the comments on the C cab. I will get some more pictures posted on another thread as I get moving again. My motivation starts to wain a little when the mercury drops but I'm starting to get back to it little by little.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison North of Iowa on Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 02:23 pm:

From the looks of that picture you should end up with a darn good restoration.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tim moore, "Island City" MI on Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 06:21 pm:

No problems here Justin, sometimes the "hot button" gets pushed. My dad is a Lt. Colonel and both my son and son-in-law are being deployed this year.

I am not kidding, that C cab is really nice and will make a finished restoration well above average. There are not many who can straighten large flat panels like that and I hope you post progress and your secrets on how you work metal. That is going to be a nice truck when done.

Tim Moore

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By n maver on Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - 10:07 am:

http://goldcountry.craigslist.org/cto/4869405284.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Beatty _Kansas City on Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - 10:42 am:

Well that wasn't any fun! :-( Whatever was suppose to be in the link above is gone...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By n maver on Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 10:00 pm:

Look what has turned up

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301529833728?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&fromMakeTrack =true

N

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration