Old Photo - Owner With His New Torpedo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - Owner With His New Torpedo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, January 30, 2015 - 11:19 am:

Here's a close up

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Friday, January 30, 2015 - 11:39 am:

very early. 1910 style headlights and a square gasoline tank. The horn is 1910 style also. E&J side lights. Looks as if it has the straight rear axle. The hubs show that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Friday, January 30, 2015 - 02:53 pm:

Yet, for some reason, this photo makes me wonder why the lawnmower wasn't invented first.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Friday, January 30, 2015 - 02:57 pm:

I may be wrong, but it looks like a Minnesota 1912-1913-1914 plate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Friday, January 30, 2015 - 03:46 pm:

In those days if you had a lawn mower it was either four legged or a push reel type. The push reel type kept you in shape but it needed a fairly smooth lawn. Come to think of it my dad didn't buy a power mower till after I went in the service.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Friday, January 30, 2015 - 04:30 pm:

There are ways to mow a lawn that do not involve a mechanized mower.

For example, using a scythe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, January 30, 2015 - 04:30 pm:

LOL, Gary, we had seven kids in my family and we always had the worst lawn mower in the neighborhood.

When all the kids moved out and my dad had to start mowing himself, he went and bought a top-of-the-line Honda self-propelled mower! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Friday, January 30, 2015 - 05:44 pm:

i have an antique lawn mower collection thats free to a good home....if there's anyone here as sick as me. about 15, some quite unique, and some perhaps scrap iron. any takers?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Friday, January 30, 2015 - 06:07 pm:

Sounds like a deal Mack Cole would be interested in, if y'all could figure out the logistics.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Friday, January 30, 2015 - 06:20 pm:

Goats are my favourite lawn mowing device they eat everything!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Friday, January 30, 2015 - 07:07 pm:

Derek:

I thought it could be a Minnesota 1912-13-14 plate.

According to my public directory, Minn 1912-13-14 #24422 was issued to Louis E Fixsen of Wabasso for a Ford. If I looked it up in the original ledger at the Minnesota Historical Society, I could further confirm it being a Minnesota plate by the serial number and body style listed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, January 30, 2015 - 07:20 pm:

We lived on a grassy acre in Ferndale (North coast Califunny) for almost four years. We tried a couple sheep to control the grass. Only problem was those sheep could smell a herd of sheep half a mile away and wanted to join that herd (yeah, I knew that). But who would have thought two sheep big enough to put a saddle on and ride could squeeze down flat enough to wiggle under a fence with a six inch clearance at the highest point??? I would never have believed it if I hadn't caught them doing it one day. I didn't know whether to bust out laughing or yelling.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison North of Iowa on Friday, January 30, 2015 - 09:19 pm:

Derek, from the looks of that cab on that wagon the picture might have been taken down around the Preston area.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rion Schulze on Friday, January 30, 2015 - 10:18 pm:

Quite the pair of gauntlets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Friday, January 30, 2015 - 10:42 pm:

Spent his money on the car and neglected his wife's chimney.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 04:24 am:

Saw that too Dave H. Need to have Jelf over there

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 07:37 am:

Jay, love these old photos. Keep 'em coming!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 09:44 am:

Going from an Amish buggy to a Model T is quite something!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 11:02 am:

I wouldn't consider that to be an Amish buggy.

It appears to be a typical U.S. mail buggy / mail wagon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lance Sorenson, Hector, Minnesota on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 11:37 am:

The mail wagon window says RFD 1.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration