Turn signals

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Turn signals
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Friday, January 30, 2015 - 01:03 pm:

During the engine fix we rebuilt the turn signals, we use an old signal stat switch which gave us turn and four way lights. It is mounted through the floor and our old switch became our park lights. picture 1 is the old turn signal switch The 2 picture is the new switch. I could not bring my self to mount it on the steering column. Now the question is do we add the Second tail light.

(Message edited by admin on January 30, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Friday, January 30, 2015 - 01:05 pm:

oops this should be picture 1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Friday, January 30, 2015 - 03:37 pm:

Seriously?

You only need one tail light if you always make left turns. :-)

Perhaps you explain your question.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Holland, Utah on Friday, January 30, 2015 - 06:09 pm:

Colin, Nice job. I mounted mine on the steering column, and it looks like s**t. I am going to try and change the handle by cutting it shorter and put a non obtrusive handle on it. I like where you put yours, but I do not want to redo the wiring. I have got more pressing up-grades.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Friday, January 30, 2015 - 06:22 pm:

Hello Ken now that the car is back together the next thing on the list is the second tail light at present I only have one brake light. You can never have to much light on the back of a T. As I have not seen any brass T's with two tail lights I'm not sure if it's going to look odd.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Friday, January 30, 2015 - 06:35 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Friday, January 30, 2015 - 06:42 pm:

Ken at present they are signals only they were installed in 1970 park and brake are in the brass tail lamp.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Friday, January 30, 2015 - 07:38 pm:

Should be real easy to re-wire the turn signals in the rear to handle dual filament bulbs like the 1157. Then you can run them on the low wattage filament as tail lights and use the higher wattage filament for Stop and Turn Signals, just like a modern car. You may need to install dual contact sockets with offset pins to suit the new bulbs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Friday, January 30, 2015 - 08:12 pm:

Is the turn signal control a 4-wire or 7-wire unit? 7-wire units combine the brake light and turn signal to a single filament. If you have dual filament bulbs, the other filament can be a running light. Leave the original lamp as a running and license light.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 07:56 am:

Colin, I was lucky enough to find a rear lamp at Hershey this year for my '14 that has the mounting such that it is a mirror of the original lamp. In other words, it mounts on the right side of the car with the red lens facing the rear, the clear toward the center and, the blue to the right. My plan is to turn both lamps into turn signal/stop lights. I've never seen a '14 with dual tail lamps either but I think it will look better than installing modern lights.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 11:33 am:

Yes I can wire up the the signal light s with brake lights. My thought is the more red on the back the better and I have a spare tail light kickin around that will do the job. Even in little Winnipeg It's getting harder to drive, everyone is in such a hurry, I would rather blind them with red lights when get hit because there texting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 11:54 am:

Marty I agree It will look better and balance the car and should through much more light, people should know your stopping. It will also spruce up the back as it is so plan compared to the front. It's been in the family for for 55 years,I'll drive her for another 20 years and by that time they will have banned her from the roads, here they have pasted standards that have made street rods illegal. Any modified car must meet 2015 new car standard. antique cars bone stock exempt for now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Sunday, February 01, 2015 - 12:21 am:

You could get a pair of these....... https://www.modeltford.com/item/3660TL.aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Jorgensen on Sunday, February 01, 2015 - 09:07 am:

I have a 1915 T that I hope to have on the road this year. I am also considering my taillight options. I found the attached photo of a 1915 T with a second taillight, which shows how a second taillight would look on a 1915. For 1915, the "taillight" itself could be a cowl light with the lens changed out to red.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration