A question about Tudor front seats

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: A question about Tudor front seats
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Robinson Salty Bottom, AL on Friday, January 30, 2015 - 06:22 pm:

'26/27 Tudor front seats have 2 metal legs that attach on the bottom rear of each seat. When the seats are in "riding" position, the legs keep the seats raised off the floor board.

I am in need of a couple and plan on placing an ad in the classified but don't know Ford's terminology for the part.

Can anyone help naming the part?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Friday, January 30, 2015 - 06:51 pm:

I believe they are called Rests but many refer to them as Cones. There's no part listed called Cone.

Rest Part# 50108X

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Friday, January 30, 2015 - 06:53 pm:

Bill,

These are what are on the bottom of my seats. Don't know if they are riginal equipment or not, but I suspect they are. I guess a picture is worth a thousand words.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Friday, January 30, 2015 - 07:47 pm:

My US import 27 Tudor has these.seat springs
Have I something special?

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Robinson Salty Bottom, AL on Friday, January 30, 2015 - 08:49 pm:

This is exactly the info I am looking for. Thanks.
Kevin, do you mind if I use your photo in my classified ad?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier on Friday, January 30, 2015 - 09:03 pm:

Bill, I have a set of cones somewhere but best I remember they are shorter than the ones pictured, maybe the springs Allen shows make up the difference. You are welcome to the ones I have if I can find them! You've seen my shop so you know what I mean. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Robinson Salty Bottom, AL on Friday, January 30, 2015 - 09:07 pm:

You are a good man, Keith Barrier. Let me know if you find them. You have my email address. John Z needs a pair also.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale L Myers on Friday, January 30, 2015 - 09:17 pm:

Here is an old thread about them.
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/189497.html?1297356861

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 05:53 am:

Bill, No problem. Use the photos if you'd like. Personally, I would make some longer "rests", "cones" or what-ever you call them. They need to be longer. Right now the seats in my Tudor are the most uncomfortable things I have ever parked by rear into. The angle is supremely awkward for either driving or riding. Ford may have "Improved" the later series Model T's, but passenger and driver comfort clearly wasn't one of those improvements.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd, ............Red Deer, Alberta on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 11:05 am:

It's too bad that they don't reproduce them "rests". I also could use some replacement ones for our '27.

Allen B., it looks like your drivers seat has some extra fittings to move it further back. Did those come w/the car or did you fabricate them?

KWD, I put a piece of 2X4 between the bottom of the drivers seat and the "rests" to raise the back of the seat up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 11:11 am:

There are two holes in the seats, so you can put the front rests (pegs or what-ever they are called) in there and move the seat back some. I will probably take off my rear "rests" and try to fabricate something longer to raise the back of the seat up as well as fabricating some longer front brackets. When I sit in the Tudor now, I feel like a little kid trying to drive my folk's car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eyssen - Abilene TX on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 04:23 pm:

I made some brackets (really Redneck) to move my seats back since at 6-4 the sitting was a little tight even when using the front holes. I think some additional springs as shown in Allans post would be a great easily done add on---if you could find some right sized springs. Tudors do have a rather weird seat angle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 10:45 pm:

Ken, the seats came with extra brackets to shift the seat back. They were most disconcerting in use, as the seat could tip back when driving. I modified them to the length I needed and fixed them so they could no longer pivot.

All, the springs on the cones work well. They are stiff enough that the seat is steady while driving, but they do give a little on bumpy roads. I thought they were standard fittings.

Allan from down under.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration