New brightwork

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: New brightwork
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Friday, January 30, 2015 - 08:14 pm:

I picked up the latest nickel plating job from the plater today. Because he lets me do all the metal prep work, it only cost me 50 dollars for this lot. plating

These are the special clamps into which the top bows fold when the top is lowered.clamps
The plater did these parts separately so thew would plate better at the hinge area. I then had to rivet them together again.The original rivets were rusty steel and two had seized and broken. I could use brass,but that would polish to a different colour. Instead, I machined the two small rods from the sides of an old solid nickel harness buckle. When fitted and peened over, they polished up just like the plating.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Friday, January 30, 2015 - 09:26 pm:

Allan, it looks great! Nice job. I would love to see the car you get to put onto this and finish up the restoration.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 02:34 am:

Looking good Allan. All that work on the roadster then you get to do it all again on the Tourer or will you keep the tourer barn fresh? Can you post some more pictures of the Roadster resto or are you keeping it a surprise?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 05:18 am:

Warwick, I am just tinkering at the edges at the moment. The windscreen was all wrong, so there was some impetus to get it sorted out. Making the frame up out of parts good enough to be plated was a challenge.

I have the Ruckstell out of my speedster and a standard diff under it now, so half the diff for the roadster is done. The accessory shock absorbers are re-built and a replacement front end is done, ready for painting.

I need to get the speedster back together and sold so I have room to work. The tourer is for sale if you know of anyone looking for a challenge. It and the roadster came to me in the wrong order.

Aiming for the next national rally, but am not holding out much hope.

Allan from down under.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration