Never say never

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Never say never
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Friday, January 30, 2015 - 10:54 pm:

So the other day I told my neffie after I sold my 1912 torpedo, "not gonna buy any more" cars, got too damn many and not going to get to all of them anyway.

Never say never, was cruising Craig's list and something popped up, decided to just go and have a look. After all it was cheap and very close to one of my Subaru Service Centers.

So neffie and I took a ride to the appointed place just to check out, not to buy. Well ya all know how this plays out, we looked and then I bought, yet another model t.

Today we brought home a 1926 model t touring. Early 50's restoration tacky but complete and with a bit of help ready for touring.

My intention is to get my son in law involved along with my daughter and 2 grandchildren. My thought is to get him involved in getting the car tour ready, teaching him how to drive and care for the model t. Then take them on tours with Candy and I to mentor them in the fine art of touring and old car friendships.
It's a win win thing. We get a younger group exposed to our lifestyle and fun that model t's can offer.

Then when I'm too old to drive they can take me on tours with me sitting in the back seat wearing my depends, with altzheimers meeting new friends at every corner.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Friday, January 30, 2015 - 11:01 pm:

Sounds like a plan to me! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gustaf in Idaho on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 12:06 am:

I do not have to buy another T, I can quit anytime I want to, I just do not want to yet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 12:53 am:

Only two hazzards to our addiction one is the bank account other is the lady of the house

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 01:09 am:

OK Brassy--PHOTOS!!!!
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 08:34 am:

On the wife front: early on with my first marriage, she tried to tell me I couldn't buy a certain car I wanted. I let her know flat out, I was buying that one and more than likely many more. At one time I ended up with over 40. I put up with her crap for almost 30 years. She got use to the cars and the profit they made. But could not stand kids. That's what we finally divorced over. My present wife is the complete opposite, loves children and talks me into buying cars that I'm only thinking about.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 08:40 am:

As far as the lady in the house, she's a car girl. She owns and operates 2 Subaru Service Centers, and loves to tour.

Her only criteria is that every collector car we own must run and drive and be at the ready for touring. she earns the money and never complains about the cost of obtaining, restoring or driving our collection.

So in our house I have learned to find the toys, buy the toys, make then run and have them ready to go.

just sayin,

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 08:51 am:

If I want a car I tell Peg that I want to go look at one then I hem-haw over the car for about 20~ 30 Minutes she will finally say do you have the cash I say yes she then tells me to bring it home!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 09:06 am:

It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 09:35 am:

But brass, you never show up pictures of your collection!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 09:40 am:

Brasscarguy...don't I know! On #5 now! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 11:59 am:

I think all the cars in my collection were ones I decided to buy. I have had cars for over a year before the wife ever sees it. I have a farm and sheds in more than one location and the wife does not have a habit of checking any of the sheds.
That keeps life simple and fun.
OH, she does like to go on tours, so that is also a good thing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 09:11 pm:

Well in my case I don't have to hide anything I purchase. In fact all she requires is an email a photo so she can share in the excitement of a new toy.

I suggest marring a younger wife that loves cars, which is just what I did. When we got married I gave my new younger wife the keys to my Subaru store and told her I quit, its all yours to run or close. Turns put she is much better business head than I ever was, we now have 2 stores. She pays me each week not for what I do but to stay away for another week. Candy tells me its her job to earn the money and its my job to spend. And I do that rather well.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison North of Iowa on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 10:16 pm:

I was going to ask my wife, I mean ex-wife about buying another car, then realized it doesn't matter what she thinks. If she doesn't want her husband to buy another car, well that's just fine. As long as she leaves me alone I'll do just fine. I guess I don't really care for her a lot anymore anyway. I do however feel sorry for that poor sucker.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Sunday, February 01, 2015 - 12:26 pm:

Life can be tough if you dont pick the right woman. I met my current wife when she was seventeen, I was in my early thirties. Turns out she really liked me then, but I was married. If I had known, it would have saved me a lot of grief as the first one would have been history then. Well like they say better late than never.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration