Your opinion please

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Your opinion please
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 01:29 pm:

I have a 09-11 magneto field coil assembly and also a accessory drivers door kit for the pre 26 T. Would either be worth trying to sell?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Holland, Utah on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 02:47 pm:

Put it in the For sale section and not on the Forum. Try EBay or Ford Barn. You will get more exposer there for people looking for what you have.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 02:55 pm:

I am NOT advertising these for sale here!! just looking for opinions if I should waste my time advertising them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 03:06 pm:

Jim - you asked - so....

What would you do with them if you did not sell them?

Surely, there is something that you could use on one of your other vehicles...

Rather than give the pieces to the junk man, some nice day take a few good pictures of the articles, and some rainy, windy, snowy, otherwise ugly outside day, compose a few lines describing your treasures and put them on the suggested sites. You'll get at least the equivalent of a tank of gas....maybe more - maybe much more.

Good Luck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 03:18 pm:

At the least see what Langs or others pay for cores, re the magneto field ring.
https://www.modeltford.com/item/3250.aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 03:31 pm:

If your mag ring is complete It would be around 50.00+ to the right person. The cost is having one rebuilt. If its still good most people would still want it rebuilt since its for a desirable brass T.
Not sure about the accessory door kit.

MHO

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin C. Miller on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 03:32 pm:

Jim, I took a magneto ring off a 1918, it was so marginal I sent it back and got a rebuilt one. If the wires look bad and the sealant around the coils is bad, or if the center where the mag point sits on is bad, it may not be worth selling. I think as old as some of these parts are getting guys will opt for rebuilt, but condition is everything.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 09:04 pm:

A '09 to '11 magneto ring (actually, there are several changes through there) is a totally different animal than the later ones. Even with the later brass Ts, many people fit black era rings and magnetos into them rather than fool with the fussier and weaker early magnetos. But that early ring is rare and somewhat desirable to a few early T owners. Certainly, they should be preserved for history's sake, but I would not expect a lot of money for it.

About forty years ago, a very good friend of mine bought a new-old-stock after-market add-on driver's door. I thought and still think it was a really neat accessory! If I had an appropriate T, I would love to have one and use it in a car. But it doesn't work for the boat-tail, the coupe, or the mostly '13 speedster. Unfortunately, I have reached the point where I cannot be in the market for much of anything I do not need. However, I would love to hear of it going to someone that would appreciate it. The value of it would depend a lot on condition and could be anywhere from $20 to $200.
Neat stuff! Both of them.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Sunday, February 01, 2015 - 11:20 am:

Thank's for the opinions. Think I will put them on tbay with just enough starting bid so I do not waste my time or lose money.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Monday, February 02, 2015 - 08:00 pm:

Jim - why not put them in the classified section here for free? You're gonna have to give Tbay a cut if you sell it.

I'd really like to see pictures of that accessory drivers door kit. Might be interested in it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Monday, February 02, 2015 - 09:15 pm:

Dan, I have not ben impressed with results from the things I have listed in these classified sections. Yes ebay gets a cut, but a better chance of better exposure and possibly better price. I have posted both things on ebay and seem to have good interest in them. I need money for upholstery for my 21 coupe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Tuesday, February 03, 2015 - 12:36 am:

A couple of years ago, I got over $200 for an early pressed steel mag ring that I so on eBay. It was in rebuildable core condition. If I come across another, I'll sell it too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Tuesday, February 03, 2015 - 08:59 am:

This early pressed steel ring came out of my parted '13. Sold for $100 at Hershey.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration