Rebuilding a Remy coil for a Remy "T" distributor.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Rebuilding a Remy coil for a Remy "T" distributor.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Hagen on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 04:14 pm:

Does anyone know of a reputable place to have one rebuilt? And what to look for.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wilbur Swearingin--Mt.Vernon,MO on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 08:02 pm:

I also have a Remy distributor and need new points, rotor and condenser

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom VanMeeteren on Sunday, February 01, 2015 - 08:24 pm:

I have all the REMY parts you will ever need. Pictures of the coil, dist cap, point set and rotor

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Hagen on Monday, February 02, 2015 - 12:14 am:

Hi Tom, If I ever find a coil at a swapmeet, who rebuilds them for you?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom VanMeeteren on Monday, February 02, 2015 - 08:32 am:

We do

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Hagen on Monday, February 02, 2015 - 11:03 am:

Is there a number stamped on it? Also what would a reasonable price to pay for one at a swap meet and how much do you charge for rebuilding?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom VanMeeteren on Monday, February 02, 2015 - 06:12 pm:

I usually try to pick them up for under ten dollars. 99.5% of them have the secondary open and that is the fine wire if you take one apart. Then too, you have to cook out the tar and I only do that when my wife will be gone for more than one week. Rebuilds are $300 exchange.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Hagen on Monday, February 02, 2015 - 08:04 pm:

Does it say Remy on the coil? Any identifying numbers?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration