What on earth do we have here??? 1907 Ford Model N ???????

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: What on earth do we have here??? 1907 Ford Model N ???????
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By n maver on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 04:30 pm:

What do we have here

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/4837028400.html

N

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 04:43 pm:

UH?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 05:03 pm:

I'll go put on a limb and say it is a post 19 Model T with a brass T radiator and a Body reminiscent of an N. Maybe a real N body and fenders. Others will know more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 05:05 pm:

Two interesting things. It has a neat cross drive magneto. And, The Model N front fenders are put on upside down, (i.e. wide end at the top, narrow end at the bottom.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 05:05 pm:

It has a front plate side drive magneto :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 05:06 pm:

Richard,

The body is not a real N. Maybe the fenders are but, nothing else I can see.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 05:16 pm:

I like the magneto and the Firestone demountable wheels.

To call it a "1907 Ford Model N With Model T Upgrades" is absurd though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 05:21 pm:

whats goin on with that right rear brake?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 05:46 pm:

Its "or best offer" so maybe someone can get it for a song.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 07:05 pm:

Poor excuse for an "N" and I'm not nearly as "up" on them as Rob Heyen...bet he'll get a laugh outa this one!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison North of Iowa on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 07:25 pm:

Dog gone it, I've been looking for a 21" Firestone demountable rim for a couple years and there's a Model T, N, something with 4 of them in Phoenix. I just can't bring it upon myself to spend that kind of money on a hybrid Model (insert letter here) to get one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 08:17 pm:

Other than the reproduction Model N Fenders, I didn't notice anything else on the car that looked like it was Model N Ford part. Front and rear axles are T. Rear cross member appears to be the late 1913-1925 style. Rear axle housing appears to have the filler parallel with the axle shafts and the reinforcement ridges on the bottom of the backing plated for a late 1915 or so - early 1919 or so rear axle.

Mike -- you don't need to be concerned -- the 5 lug demountable rims are most likely 30 x 3 1/2. Firestone was one of the most popular brands but not the only accessory brand offered back in the day.

Clayton -- I believe the right rear wheel appears to have part of an accessory outside brake drum and brake parts on it.

It probably could be converted into a speedster without too much effort. Lower the seats, steering column etc. I looked and the Right Hand Drive steering column is NOT a Model N,R,S, or SR but appears to be Model T. I'm not sure if they just moved a normal LHD column over or how they did that. I do NOT see the hogs head. Looking at the left side of the engine you can see the white body through the opening in the dash -- but I don't see the hogs head. It also appears to have an add on in front of the rear axle pumpkin. And I do not see the pedals on the right side of the car from the photo shown. So an important question is -- where is the transmission/hogs head etc.? The right hand drive parts if correct or done nicely could be a plus to someone wanting a RHD T.

Generator engine dates the engine to 1919 or later. The one-piece valve cover began production Nov 1, 1921 so it is at least that late of an engine. (with about 6 months overlap when both one-piece and two-piece valve cover engines were produced)

Model N -- parts -- so far the reproduction fenders (I think they are in too nice a condition to be originals.) Possibly the one ear hood hold downs -- but those maybe T or reproduction.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By n maver on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 08:28 pm:

Hap Tucker the only thing obvious to me is that you were Sherlock Holmes in a previous incarnation.

N

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration