OT - Does anyone here own a 1921 Dodge Touring or year close to that

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT - Does anyone here own a 1921 Dodge Touring or year close to that
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Perigo - Linton, IN on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 06:02 pm:

I may be buying one. Don't worry, still have my T. Just need to know about the availability of parts and where to look.

Thanks,
Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin C. Miller on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 06:27 pm:

There are some Dodges out here at Nampa Idaho at a farm. They are still unpacking things that have been stacked up there for decades. I know of a mostly complete Dodge sitting on the ground now, motor in it, tranny in it, mid 20's model I think. Do you want photos? I am trying to help the gal get stuff sold.There may be more of them, things are stacked 3 high in some areas. It is hard to know what all is under there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 06:30 pm:

Are there any Dodge clubs? If there are maybe they could be of help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 06:39 pm:

http://www.dodgebrothersclub.org/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 06:57 pm:

A friend restored a '23 and found a good helpful Dodge community. AACA has a Dodge branch on their forum and apparently several folks specialize in Dodge parts. In years past there was a lot of stuff at swap meets and not that many Dodge restorers.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 07:38 pm:

http://www.smokstak.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79673

Nice 21 Dodge in this link

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Gitts - Ferndale, WA on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 08:48 pm:

myersearlydodge.com

Myers Early Dodge Parts. They'll have engine and electrical parts for the 21 Dodge. I've bought from them before. Good folks and very helpful.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike conrad on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 11:51 pm:

I own this 1920 DB.
great tour cars. parts are not as avaliable as T's but I have never had problems finding parts either. Join the Dodge Brothers National club they have a nice bi-monthly newsletter with classifieds and as a member you will get a roster of club members, it may surprise you as to how many are in your area.
one more thing, many make the mistake of comparing Dodge to Fords. Dodge in my opinion was never in the same market as fords. They were more money and a lot more car. The same is true today.
Don't get me wrong, I love my model T's just saying it's a not a fair comparison. Good luck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Sunday, February 01, 2015 - 12:36 am:

I, too, have both model T's and Dodge Brothers cars. Mike is right, the Dodge is a lot more car than a T, but cost more too. I drive a 1916 DB, but they are much the same from 1915 to 1927. They are great driving and touring cars. If you have a chance to buy one at the right price, by all means do it. You will like it. Parts are not as as easy as model T's, but can be had. The Dodge brothers said, "Sooner or later all these model T drivers will want a real car." So they built one.
Erik

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Sunday, February 01, 2015 - 12:37 am:

Check out the Dodge and Dodge Brothers forum at aaca.
http://forums.aaca.org/f143/

I have a '25 Dodge Business Sedan.
From '25 back they're pretty much the same chassis wise.

Dodge Sedan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, February 01, 2015 - 03:04 am:

I figure there's enough material in my '16 DB to build three '16 Ts! Years ago (decades!) Dodge parts were common and cheap at swap meets. Since I got one, they aren't anymore!! 33 x 4 tires are a bit more expensive than 30x3.5s too! Still, very neat cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve McClelland on Sunday, February 01, 2015 - 05:41 am:

Got rid of a 28 a while back, they are nice cars I agree with David they are very well built cars dependable, run great, drive great....ect. But make no mistake you'll not find a carb for $25-$30 or any other parts like you can the T. The carb for ours was $1700 they are a stale collectable cars they seem to be the orphan that no one wants so to speak, or maybe the folks know that parts are through the roof for them and that's a deal killer. if you want to sell one you'll have to go to the dodge venue to ever recover your money.
There's a 1925 dodge 4 door sedan here local it runs, drives, new tires, new paint, new interior, very slick ol'car been for sale for 2-3 years he still had it last fall and took it to auction not sure it sold, he was asking $7000 I'd guess he lost money on it.... After auction fees if it did.
It's looked like a $20,000 car but they just don't bring the money.... Think I'm sticking with Fords and Chevys.... So unless your getting a awesome deal I'd keep moving.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Sunday, February 01, 2015 - 07:53 am:

Mike:
I have owned 7 Dodge Brothers cars since 1979 ,ranging from 1916 touring thru 1928 Victory 6 models ...all were very good,durable cars with more than ample power for our hills here in Colorado ...the cost of parts is greater than Model T or A Ford parts,but most parts are available and there are several very knowledgeable parts suppliers and the Dodge Brothers Club as mentioned above...I still have the 16 DB touring and 2 Fords ...I like them all,but if I want to impress others with power in the hills and brakes (either forward or back)...I will pick the DB ...it will run with most cars of the early 1930's...if the price is right I would definitely consider a DB...always an optimist gene french

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Perigo - Linton, IN on Sunday, February 01, 2015 - 08:42 am:

I can't tell you guys how much I appreciate your insights. This forum is a wealth of knowledge and not just about Fords!

I owned a 1928 DB Sedan many years ago, but it was a different beast. It was a great car, but I was starting a family, so the DB had to go on down the road.

Your comments will certainly help me with my decision!

Take Care!
Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Sunday, February 01, 2015 - 11:11 am:

A friend of mine has a very nice 25 Dodge touring car he wants to sell, It used to be mine till he talked me out of it, also has disc wheels, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Sunday, February 01, 2015 - 11:21 am:

i have a 27 dodge 4dr that is pretty much junk, BUT it runs!! good parts car, 500 will take it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dexter Doucet on Monday, February 02, 2015 - 04:19 pm:

Wow Clayton, can you post a pic.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration