WWI Vehicles

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: WWI Vehicles
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 07:20 pm:

WWI Vehicles.
Watch the driver steer to get around the first turn.
Check out the radiator on that T!
https://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=huQhqXiB8O0&feature

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 07:37 pm:

Very cool John! Thanks for posting.

I'm no expert, but isn't the crawler on the trailer a Cat 60, or depending on the year, maybe a Best?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 09:54 pm:

kinda spooky if you think about it...very nice

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison North of Iowa on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 10:01 pm:

John, I hope you don't mind. I copied your link and shared it with some friends. That was a great thing to watch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave A. Ulrich on Sunday, February 01, 2015 - 06:29 am:

The crawler is Holt a competitor of Best. In the mid 20's Best and Holt combined to form Cat

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison North of Iowa on Sunday, February 01, 2015 - 08:27 am:

But is it a Holt Caterpillar crawler?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Sunday, February 01, 2015 - 09:40 am:

Cool video! Is that first unit what you would call a "push-me, pull-ya"? Missed the rad on the T, went too fast...have to watch it again. Love the steam sounds and whistle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Sunday, February 01, 2015 - 10:20 am:

Mike,
If I remember correctly Holt Manufacturing Co. And C.L. Best Tractor Company were competitors, each manufacturing tracklayer equipment in the early 20th century. In 1925 they merged to become Caterpillar Tractor Co. So, there's no such thing as a "Holt Caterpillar". Over the years Holt, Best, Caterpillar, and others all made tracklayer equipment.

I hope this helps.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration