Seat Springs

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Seat Springs
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Jorgensen on Sunday, February 01, 2015 - 10:00 am:

I have the front seat cushion spring for my 1915 roadster, but I am missing the backrest spring unit. I am considering replacing the missing backrest spring unit with foam rubber. Does anyone know the dimensions of the back rest spring unit? Would this be a good alternative to purchasing a new spring unit (it would be cheaper)?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Sunday, February 01, 2015 - 11:04 am:

If you are unusually tall, it would give you more leg room, but would not be as comfortable as springs. You can get the springs from the vendors.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, February 01, 2015 - 11:08 am:

These people make the springs and can answer all your questions

http://www.snydersantiqueauto.com/modeltparts/seatsprings-1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Sunday, February 01, 2015 - 01:18 pm:

if you use foam make sure you use super foam firm.get it from an auto upholstery supply store. you can get it 7" think and the big stores will cut it in a tapper for you.charley

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration