New Video - Fairly accurate narrative of the Model T's history

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: New Video - Fairly accurate narrative of the Model T's history
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Sunday, February 01, 2015 - 10:04 am:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OjQlnE6zBg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, February 01, 2015 - 11:40 am:

Well, I made it through 2-1/2 minutes of it. Yes, the narrative is fairly accurate; the burgundy T is not. I don't understand why someone who would go to all the trouble to produce an otherwise accurate video would use a burgundy-colored '15 with varnished wheel spokes. Why not use one which looked as they did when built?

I know that several forum members have T's which originally were black but now are red or some other color. I'm not questioning your decision to have a red car. Your car, your choice. I'm questioning the use of a red-ish car in a video which presumably is intended to educate the public about Model T's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A Bartsch on Sunday, February 01, 2015 - 12:46 pm:

Folklore mixed with fact, decent videography. Somewhat entertaining, but less than correct. Note the electric bulb inside the gas lamp, and Highland Park 'dubbed the Crystal Palace'. Two and a half minutes was about my endurance limit too. jb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen D Heatherly on Sunday, February 01, 2015 - 01:12 pm:

I liked the video, but could they have picked a tackier T?

Stephen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Sunday, February 01, 2015 - 01:36 pm:

That was a T built in England where the colors and wheels were different than in the U.S.
The word FORD in the middle of the radiator was not factory either.
I made it through about one minute, but I have seen it before.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Sunday, February 01, 2015 - 02:56 pm:

Sheesh! What a tough room! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Stewart -Calif. on Sunday, February 01, 2015 - 03:18 pm:

I couldn't find the button to press 2 for English, so I didn't watch it. He He

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Sunday, February 01, 2015 - 04:00 pm:

If i had thought to turned the sound off i think i could have watched it! Cabin fever is starting to really bother! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Sunday, February 01, 2015 - 04:09 pm:

Whether this is a good film or a dog depends on whether it does the intended job for the intended audience. If we were the intended audience, it would be a dog, because we want it to show whether the spring leaves of a car built in April were straight or tapered. But this is a film for people who like cars but don't have a clue about Model Ts, what they looked like, how they ran, or their place in history. It does a pretty good job of describing those things in an appealing way. It would make someone want to drive one, or ride in one, or own one. That's good enough for me. And, as Aaron points out, this is a British-built T, so we can expect differences - like the throttle on the left and the spark on the right. I liked it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sole - Castelldefels (Spain) on Sunday, February 01, 2015 - 05:29 pm:

Yes Bob, this is one tough room!

The driver's explanation of how to drive the Model T is really complicated, but he is having such a fun time with it! :-)

Overall I found this video quite entertaining.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Sunday, February 01, 2015 - 08:08 pm:

I enjoyed it, especially where the driver was nervously having fun with the strange controls. He mentioned one of the available colours as white and other inaccuracies but, I think any video that shows the car in a good light and gives a basic education to the completely unknowledgable is a good thing for the hobby. It was YouTube where I learned to drive my T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Hagen on Monday, February 02, 2015 - 08:09 pm:

The word FORD in the middle of the radiator was 9- early 11 I believe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Hagen on Monday, February 02, 2015 - 08:37 pm:

The word FORD in the middle of the radiator was 9- early 11 I believe.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration