Using A Stipe 250 Cam With An Advanced Timing Gear

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Using A Stipe 250 Cam With An Advanced Timing Gear
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Woolf on Sunday, February 01, 2015 - 05:50 pm:

I am starting work on the engine on my 1911 t, and I was trying to decide on a timing gear. I will be using a Stipe 250 Cam, and I was trying to decide if a 7.5 degree timing would be a good idea.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this. I saw a recent thread on the subject of timing gears and cams, but I did not think it addressed this issue.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Moorehead on Sunday, February 01, 2015 - 06:59 pm:

I have two advanced nylon cam gears and both cars run well. One is on a standard reground cam and one is running with a Chaffin 270 reground cam. Glen says it is not a good idea to use one with the 270 cam but so far so good. I can't speak for the Stipe. I guess you need to contact them and ask how much advance they have in the cam already.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Sunday, February 01, 2015 - 07:14 pm:

Tom, The 270 cam is good as is , however it can be improved with a little advance as can the Stipe 250 and 280 cams. I would recommend 6 deg for our 270 cam rather than 7.5 deg. we may adgvance our 270 In the near future.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, February 01, 2015 - 11:42 pm:

Jim -- I have used the advanced timing gears with the Stipe 250 and 280 cams with great results.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration