MTFCI site hacked?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: MTFCI site hacked?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Monday, February 02, 2015 - 12:36 pm:

Just went to look at MTFCI and all that came up was a hackers screen. Anyone else having this problem?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, February 02, 2015 - 12:43 pm:

Yup. The home page was hacked.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Trenton, New Jersey on Monday, February 02, 2015 - 12:46 pm:

If it can happen to a big company like Sony then we are just target practice to them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Monday, February 02, 2015 - 12:50 pm:

Doubt this was the North Koreans this time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, February 02, 2015 - 12:53 pm:

If you saved the forum page it looks ok, yes the home page is hacked.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, February 02, 2015 - 12:57 pm:

Not to be a doom and gloom er BUT It's really only a matter of time before this Dinosaur of a forum platform (that is no no longer supported by it's maker) bites the big one at the hands of some hacker sitting in his parents basement in his underwear pounding on a keyboard. Tic Tic Tic Tic.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, February 02, 2015 - 12:57 pm:

Looks OK now.

http://www.modelt.org/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Furstnow on Monday, February 02, 2015 - 01:11 pm:

Thanks for letting the MTFCI know about the hacking. When I read this, I immediately contacted our webmaster, Marilyn Petersen, and she called the MTFCI website developer. Comrade, the website developer, got the site up and running in minutes. Thanks, Marilyn and Comrade.
Russ Furstnow

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Monday, February 02, 2015 - 03:26 pm:

The free access didn't last very long either. I tried to look at the service book and got the dreaded, but polite, please pay first. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Monday, February 02, 2015 - 03:38 pm:

Im no tech guru by a long shot. But a friend of mine is. He is the type of person that could hack almost anything he wanted to if he was that type. He worked as a programmer, and with the government for years. He tried to explain to me that most virus and malware programs are designed to "attack" the current operating systems and programs that are widely used. The smaller no name stuff and old stuff is not targeted much. Its just not worth their time. And since they (virus, malware, ect) do not recognize the "target" they get confused. He runs "no" anti virus program at all, and a simple spyware program. He talked me into no anti virus program about 4 years ago. Since he is there to fix any problems I could have got into I did it. Not one single virus or Trojan since then. I do not recommend this to anyone, at all, for any reason, but it does make sence to me after several years of no problems. Maybe our forum is such a dinosaur that the rest of the world has forgot about us ... :-) :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Monday, February 02, 2015 - 04:23 pm:

Sometimes old is good!

No one tried to steel my 10 year old Buick or rusty old truck.
But someone did break into my old Chebby while it was parked in Boston. I think they were looking for loose change

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Green on Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 07:45 am:

Every time I go there I get Error 404 so I have given up as it is a waste of time to try

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 09:11 am:

Me To.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Furstnow on Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 09:27 am:

Guys, the 404 error comes up when you click on a link that has sublinks. If you take your mouse and slide to the sublink, it has the destination where you want to go (No 404 message). On the old website, these sublinks were "drop downs" that gave you a variety of destinations. The free access that Ken describes is being worked on.

As with all new things, some problems occur, but the link issue is not a problem, one only needs to know how it works.

I hope this helps,
Russ Furstnow

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 09:30 am:

Thanks Russ.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 07:31 pm:

lol 403

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Borland. Bathurst. NSW. Australia. on Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 08:44 pm:

G'day,
Lucky me, I now get 403 bugger off, If I try another 403 times will I finally get through?

Peter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 10:28 pm:

Both of my sons are IT guys. Todd is a programmer and John works for a company that provides support on servers and systems. They both are into stuff that is way over my pay grade. John also told me to use a lesser known browser and gave me some things to use for the same reason it was mentioned here in that hackers go after the main stream stuff that everybody uses. I just do whatever my sons tell me to and if the web site goes wacky then I call Todd, If the problem is just in my computer I call John. John has some form of remote control installed in my computer and a box on the screen simply says "John wants control of your computer for awhile OK??" and I say yes and then just sit there while all sorts of boxes open and close and then something gets ripped out of something else. John has so much experience with the software that he doesn't wait to read what a box says because he knows what question it is asking and he types ahead of it. I think he can type a half gazillion words a minute but after about 5 or 10 minutes the window come back and says "its all fixed dad, I will reboot and when it comes back up you should be good to go" I stand there feeling like I should somehow say "who was that masked man....I didn't even get to thank him"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 11:22 pm:

MTFCA appears to be using the same version of vBulletin as the aaca forums.
It's a good platform but, like everything else, their developers keep trying to fix what isn't broken and screwed it up shorty version 4.2.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Green on Thursday, February 05, 2015 - 03:46 am:

Hi guys, I tired a direct search and ended up with 403 FORBIDDEN so that idea did not work as well... Ray

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Thursday, February 05, 2015 - 07:59 am:

Some sweet day humans are going to learn that once you find something that works,LEAVE IT ALONE! But until then,we will all struggle and be aggravated with problems wouldn't exist if folks would just sit back and leave what works alone.

I often thought that castration would be good punishment for hackers. But then I realized they probably don't leave the basement long enough to attempt reproduction anyway. So that wouldn't slow them down at all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Pawelek Brookshire, Texas on Thursday, February 05, 2015 - 08:42 am:

If this site gets hacked I hope all the Model T parts numbers aren't stolen and sold on the open market. We wouldn't want " spurious" Model T parts reproduced and sold to the unsuspecting public ! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Thursday, February 05, 2015 - 08:55 am:

John, the day you notice a silver bullet lying on your computer desk is the day you will know who that masked man was..... :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration