1925 Coupe door strikes

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 1925 Coupe door strikes
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Broussard on Monday, February 02, 2015 - 06:05 pm:

Greetings to everyone out there. I am in need of the door strikes for a 1925 Coupe. Can anyone help me out...thanks for the help

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Monday, February 02, 2015 - 07:00 pm:

Check Langs newest catalogue or their website.
These may be the parts you need. Page 153 in Catalouge.

Langs call then a dovetail assembly.

I have a 24 Coupe with the identical parts that Langs has listed. I always considered them door strikes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Broussard on Monday, February 02, 2015 - 07:20 pm:

Not the same thing. The door strike is what the latch catches on. The dovetail assembly is completely different. The 25 is a peculiar door in that it is the first all steel door and was lot more soundly built. I think Ford realized in 26 that they didn't need to be as tough or as strong as it was in 25. Even the hinges are peculiar to the 25 only. My only hope is to find someone with an old 25 closed car that is not being rebuilt. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Monday, February 02, 2015 - 07:56 pm:

The steel doors would make a difference. I had forgot that the later 25's had the steel doors instead of the wood doors. I have never seen the steel doors strikes so I wouldnt know.
Since that is the case I wonder if the listing in Langs catalouge is in error since it shows The Dovetail parts are for 24 thru 27?

I wonder about that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Monday, February 02, 2015 - 10:23 pm:

Sorry for basic phone pic quality.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Tuesday, February 03, 2015 - 12:39 pm:

Look in Snyders catalog or on line at Model A closed car dovetails and strikers it looks like they have one that will work.

Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Broussard on Thursday, February 05, 2015 - 05:09 pm:

Yes the all steel doors for 1925 were completely different than any other year. The dovetails however, were the same. I did re-use my old ones. They were badly worn, but ran a few weld beads on them and ground them smooth...works perfect. Thanks to all.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration