Armless and one handed T driver ; Another photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Armless and one handed T driver ; Another photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Monday, February 02, 2015 - 07:46 pm:

Here's another photo of a handicapped T driver.
I always enjoy seeing Jay's photos and his photo of a one armed driver reminded me of this one. Is the T a 14-15?
Jay have you seen this one? one arm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Monday, February 02, 2015 - 07:49 pm:

I remember seeing this story. I believe the gentleman had both arms amputated and he drove with prosthetic limbs.

TH

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Monday, February 02, 2015 - 08:00 pm:

the t is a 1913.charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, February 03, 2015 - 02:31 am:

Note the straight brackets supporting the windshield. While not a hundred percent indicator (Windshields could have been changed), '13 brackets were straight and the windshield folded forward. 1914 brackets were dog-legged so the windshield could fold toward the rear which generally worked better for both the driver and the top.
I have seen a very few original photos showing '14 style touring or runabout cars with the earlier windshield. Those could either be transitional cars built around the late '13 model year, or have been altered.
However, like Terry H, I also recall reading articles on this fellow before (it has been posted here before, but I do not complain about repeats). If I recall correctly, it was stated that the car was a '13. (And sometimes, I do recall incorrectly)
Thanks to all!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Tuesday, February 03, 2015 - 08:08 am:

also doors,door locks,coil box, door caps.13 all the way.charley

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration