What interior have you bought?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: What interior have you bought?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charles madison on Monday, February 02, 2015 - 09:38 pm:

Hello, I have been lurking here for sometime and now own a 24 coupe for some months, I am looking to buy an entire interior setup(seat covers, headliner all panels). I have received several samples from the different vendors, all look very oem, but what have you bought and installed and how was the overall product, fit install etc. any help would be great!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry (admin) on Tuesday, February 03, 2015 - 02:38 pm:

Moved to forum :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Tuesday, February 03, 2015 - 02:53 pm:

classtique, good stuff, elizebeth will treat you right

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Tuesday, February 03, 2015 - 06:19 pm:

I'll second Clayton's recommendation. Elizabeth at Classtique does quality work and is wonderful to work with. Definitely the way to go.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, February 03, 2015 - 06:31 pm:

Elizebeth at Classtiwque is the only way to go. Others need not apply. :-)

www.classtiqueupholstery.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George_Cherry Hill NJ on Tuesday, February 03, 2015 - 07:21 pm:

I'll 5th or 6th the opinion for choice of vendor...

However, that does come with a condition on the closed cars...

If you expect 100% plug-n-play installation...please do ask a few questions before the actual install...don't get all caught up in an issue first...

The headliner will drive you batty because it is SUPPOSED to be installed with the outer roof missing! With the outer roof in place, you can still get it done, BUT the windshield header area needs some 'tuck and roll' knowledge of upholstery...or...you get to tack it up and add a small welt to cover the tacks/staples in the header (not the way Ford did it)

The covered fiber door panels if you add them tend to be a little full in the 'better full than short' rationale...and only anal guys like me will ever notice that ...but there are 100's of guys like me! :-):-) Not a problem to custom fit the panels, you just have to be careful in what you do and what you stretch but if you just want to slam them up as received you might scratch your head as the one side just may not match the other once installed.

Then there is Elizabeth...who CAN answer any question like a grade school teacher would for someone eager to learn...simple and plain and understandable...who can talk you through anything you might encounter.

My above comments are not negative at all...you just need a full expectation of what you get or need to understand before you start. If you do, it will go smooth and there are probably many here who could help with the headliner without access from the outside...and the trimming of door panels is personal preference and Ford probably had them all over the place anyway :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, February 03, 2015 - 08:15 pm:

Classtique's website has a link to some very good instructional videos:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Classtique/videos?flow=grid&view=0

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 09:59 am:

Be advised that installing interior kits in Model T's is akin to installing wood kits in Model T's.

Do some research and ask questions about installation procedures FIRST before you start.

Don't expect the kits to just 'drop in' without some minor modifications. Be prepared before you start.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration