OT What do you think ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT What do you think ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Monday, February 02, 2015 - 09:39 pm:

Hey guys, I am currently building whirligigs for a friend of mine and I just finished assembling a model t crank start one, I was wondering if any of you would be interested in buying one, once I finish mocking up the look of the car any input would be helpful thanks Spencer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, February 02, 2015 - 09:47 pm:

He should be cranking with the other hand.:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Monday, February 02, 2015 - 09:52 pm:

Great idea Spencer!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Monday, February 02, 2015 - 10:08 pm:

I'm working on that Steve.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Tuesday, February 03, 2015 - 02:54 pm:

I'm putting the pictures of the touring car whirligig up tonight

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, February 03, 2015 - 04:26 pm:

Gosh, that's an unkind place to put the eye screw!

What if the car were turned around and the shaft went through the car, forming a crank in the usual place? The little dude could then be actuated by the crank itself, (saving him posterior discomfort).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Tuesday, February 03, 2015 - 05:52 pm:

Jerry, I just made this one to try an idea out. so far it is working out ok because I have the two arms and he looks like he is cranking it. but I will try your idea, Right now I am switching the hand he is cranking with, the crank may break his arm the way it is set up right now :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison North of Iowa on Tuesday, February 03, 2015 - 07:46 pm:

Spencer, I have one I found at a craft sale a couple years ago. I was very impressed with the appearance of it. However it wore out within a year and a half. My goal is to rebuild it and put improvements in place that will keep it running for a longer period of time. It's going to take metal bushings on the shafts to make it more reliable. The other problem with the one I had was that it was made from cheap CDX that didn't hold up well to the weather. If I can find the pieces of mine I'll take some photos and send them to you in a PM.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Tuesday, February 03, 2015 - 09:36 pm:

thanks Mike, all of mine will have 1/8'' brass rod in a brass piece of tubing, I am thinking of making the bases out of that plastic board they sell at home depot. I think I need some more ideas before I go forward

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration