More help

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: More help
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Lay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lancaster Ca. on Tuesday, February 03, 2015 - 11:00 am:

Oh yeah I forgot. There is two strips with threaded holes for the inspection pan to bolt to. How is it held into place before I put the bolts in?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, February 03, 2015 - 11:22 am:

It isn't, so if gravity doesn't help and if the pan is in place you may have to put a couple of studs in place first to orient the strips, then bolt the inspection plate in place.

When everything is tightened they'll stay in place. If you like you can tack weld them in place while the pan is off the engine- but it isn't necessary.

I used some gasket cement on the bolts to make sure they wouldn't leak.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By harold lee cartwright on Tuesday, February 03, 2015 - 11:46 am:

I tied my in place with thread holds in place and down until you get all bolts started also gasket cement on bolts your are going thru plate / block before you see threads so that's 14 bolts to leak in time

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Lay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lancaster Ca. on Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 10:46 am:

Thanks.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration