OT The groundhog was wrong!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT The groundhog was wrong!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Tuesday, February 03, 2015 - 02:32 pm:

Spring has arrived early here. See pictures. The temperature yesterday was 75 and we have had no heat on for most of January and all of February so far.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Tuesday, February 03, 2015 - 02:51 pm:

Norm, that's an easy one.... The groundhog's habitat doesn't include California, so his predictions don't apply there. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Tuesday, February 03, 2015 - 07:31 pm:

Norman, you must not be in the drought stricken part of the state, eh? Beautiful plants you have there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Hoffman - Gold Country of Calif. on Tuesday, February 03, 2015 - 07:41 pm:

Well, we couldn't possibly have 6 more weeks of winter up here in the gold country because winter hasn't started yet! Forecast is for 74 degrees tomorrow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison North of Iowa on Tuesday, February 03, 2015 - 07:55 pm:

Crap, we had a high of 14 F today and the low was -3 F. It started to snow this morning and it has been a light snowfall throughout the day. The wind was very light. It was quite a nice day. I went out to hang some new flags today and spent some time throwing toys around for the dogs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Tuesday, February 03, 2015 - 08:04 pm:

Norm, i don't see what's so appealing about warm weather, blue skies, and flowers..:-) I don't think my T's coming out to play anytime soon, and i am having some severe withdrawal symptoms just thinking about it..:-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marshall V. Daut on Tuesday, February 03, 2015 - 08:20 pm:

Photo taken yesterday from our house looking uphill, after Sunday's epic snowstorm. Davenport, Iowa. No Model T driving for a while yet...
MarshallSnowsnow

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Tuesday, February 03, 2015 - 09:25 pm:

This is the drought stricken part of the state, but had a wetter than usual December and a warmer than usual January, so the plants are beginning to bloom now. January is usually one of the wettest and coldest months here, but not this year. Hopefully, we will get more rain in February through April. Planning on a tour this next weekend. Some are leaving Thursday and driving two days to 29 Palms. We will trailer to 29 Palms and then spend a couple days driving around Joshua Tree National Park. I looked in the paper and they predicted high for 29 Palms today was 85 degrees!

We went there one year in January and slept in a tent. I thank that was the one of the coldest nights I have endured. We wore our coats inside the sleeping bag. I figured it would freeze during the night and so filled the coffee pot before we went to bed. I thought it would have a crust of ice on it, but it was frozen solid! By 10:00 AM we were in our shirtsleeves warm. That's the way it gets on the "High Desert" Cold at night and hot in the daytime.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, February 03, 2015 - 09:44 pm:

Yep, Joshua Tree can get chilly. One time I was there after a rain and the puddles turned to ice. Lots of folks don't realize that California has a wide variety of climates.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen on Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 10:46 am:

Yep, I think winters over in Nebraska......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kent sumner on Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 10:58 am:

I agree winter is almost over here in Milwaukee also

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd, ............Red Deer, Alberta on Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 11:16 am:

Up here it don' matter what the ground hog predicts, we're still going to get 6 more weeks of winter, maybe more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 12:26 pm:

Summer, Fall, Winter, Spring is just a figment of our imagination and was determined by some egghead looking into a big spyglass.

On the other hand - Princess Summer-Fall-Winter-Spring is something else. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison North of Iowa on Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 12:37 pm:

Around hear we call it, well, we don't call it "princess" summer. It's something real similar to "Native American" summer. Boy, I pray I haven't offended anyone. They change these rules so fast even a sober Irishman couldn't keep up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison North of Iowa on Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 12:38 pm:

Oh, and by the way, it's 11:30 AM, what would cause anyone to think I'm sober.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 04:36 pm:

It is not Princess Summer -

It is Princess SummerFall WinterSpring

What - No Howdy Doody fans?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 05:24 pm:

Fred, no response from the Peanut Gallery, I guess.... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 06:57 pm:

Hey Kids! What time is it? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd, ............Red Deer, Alberta on Thursday, February 05, 2015 - 11:31 am:

Time you got a watch.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration