Old Photo - Model T Helping Kids Enjoy The Snow

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - Model T Helping Kids Enjoy The Snow
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 10:09 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison North of Iowa on Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 10:18 am:

Reminds me of the fun we had growing up in Northern Minnesota. Now days this little activity would have got Pa thrown in jail for child endangerment.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 10:29 am:

There was a clip on the news the other night of a guy being towed on cross country skis. The problem was that they went past the mayor of the town that was being interviewed about the town response to the snow. A few seconds into the interview the cops went past and busted the guys.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 11:16 am:

No Ford but this is my Father and his brothers and Sister about 1914. What fun they must have had.

Just adding a little color to go with Jay's Fine Photo.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By eugene story on Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 11:22 am:

In are part of the country you can't ride in the back of a pickup. Their trying to get a law passed to put dogs in seat belts.
Gene

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 11:29 am:

Politics is the science of making life illegal.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Perigo - Linton, IN on Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 11:50 am:

A farmer friend used to pull us with a tractor on the hood of a 56 Chevy pickup....the hood was upside down of course. What a ride! We went down Scutter's Hill banging and bouncing from side to side.....And we were in out twenties!!!

Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 11:59 am:

Thread drift - In Regards to Freedom.

There are more instances of the abridgement of the freedom of the
people by the gradual and silent encroachment of those in power,
than by violent and sudden usurpation.
-- President James Madison. 1751-1836

We have four boxes with which to defend our freedom: the soap box, the
ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.
-- Unknown.

The natural progress of things is for government to gain ground and
for liberty to yield.
-- President Thomas Jefferson. 1743-1826

Every normal man must be tempted at times, to spit on his hands, hoist
the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H.L. Mencken. 1880-1956

Freedom is a hard-bought thing.
-- Paul Robeson. 1898-1976

Liberty, when it begins to take root, is a plant of rapid growth.
-- President George Washington. 1732-1799

There are two freedoms -- the false, where a man is free to do what he
likes; the true, where he is free to do what he ought.
-- Charles Kingsley. 1819-1875

Denn was ist Freiheit? Dasz man den Willen zur Selbstverantwortlichkeit hat.
(Then what is freedom? It is the will to be responsible to ourselves.)
-- Friedrich Neitzsche. 1844-1900

Liberty is its own reward.
-- President Woodrow Wilson. 1856-1924

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
-- Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790), Letter to Josiah Quincy, Sept. 11, 1773.

Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not
have, nor do they deserve, either one.

A little rebellion now is a good thing.

He who has lost freedom has nothing left to lose.
-- Unknown.

Moderation in the protection of liberty is no virtue; extremism in the
defense of freedom is no vice.
-- Senator Barry Goldwater. 1909-1998

Don't be a fool and die for your country. Make the other fool die for
his country.
-- General George S. Patton. 1885-1945

Patriotism is a virtue of the vicious.
-- Oscar Wilde. 1854-1900

Freedom is just another word for "nothing to lose."
-- Kris Kristofferson. 1936-

The only future peace has to offer is war.
-- Unknown.

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
-- Mark Twain. 1835-1910

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to
do what we ought.
-- Pope John Paul II. 1920-

Assassination: The extreme form of censorship.
-- George Bernard Shaw . 1856-1950

Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it.
-- George Bernard Shaw . 1856-1950

The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood
of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure.

It is harder to preserve than to obtain liberty.
-- Vice President John C. Calhoun. 1782-1850

If a nation expects to be both ignorant and free, it expects what
never was and never will be.

Those who expect to reap the blessing of freedom must, like men,
undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
-- Thomas Paine. 1737-1809

There is no greater power in the universe than the need for
freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot
stand.
-- "Babylon 5"

I anticipate the Day when to command Respect in the remotest Regions
it will be sufficient to say I am an American.
-- Benjamin Rush (1745-1813), 1800.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison North of Iowa on Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 12:18 pm:

Jay, that reminds me of something I read on the walls of a stall under the grandstand at a rodeo. "dogs run free, why can't we?"
-- Unknown :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 01:20 pm:

At least in America, you have the right to bear arms. Here in Canada, we have the right to bare boobs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By harvey cash on Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 02:09 pm:

I am positively appalled that there are 4 children on that sled.. The parents should be jailed immediately for gross child endangerment, the sled should be confiscated and the children severely chastised and scolded for there unsafe act and then be shipped off to a loving safe foster home run by an underfunded state agency and put in the hands of a terribly overworked child welfare person. ( MY GOD ) How did any of us survive before this totally dysfunctional government took over our lives. Harv

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison North of Iowa on Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 02:17 pm:

Really, I hear ya. If those folks lose the kids wil they also lose their Obamaphones, e-card, heat assistance and low income housing? Will the Old Man have to get a job?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 11:45 pm:

What "Old Man" ??? You think she knows who the fathers are ???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Thursday, February 05, 2015 - 12:45 am:

In our part of the country it is also against the law to ride in the back of a pickup too.
They're not getting into putting dogs in seat belts yet, but they will if another state does it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, February 05, 2015 - 01:07 am:

A very nice list of important quotes! Thank you Jay! I need to figure out how to copy and print that one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Clark-Deer Lodge, Tn on Thursday, February 05, 2015 - 07:22 am:

In my part of the country they don't enforce any laws, unless you pi** off a deputy (make them work). That is if you ever get one to stop for you!

Around here it must be required to have a broken windshield, there are more with, then without. There is three car/trucks that their windshield is so broken, that they are completely duck tape from the center all the way across the passage side. Try that any where else!

Pat

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Thursday, February 05, 2015 - 08:30 am:

Someone pointed out to me backchannel that if one isn't reading all the posts to maintain
thread continuity, that my above comment might suggest I was referring to Rich's painting,
and by association, casting some aspersion upon his family.

Not the case at all. I was simply carrying on with the two posts directly before mine about
our present state of affairs in society. It never occurred to me that someone might read it that
way, but in case anyone else did, let me clear that up right now. Thanks Floyd.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Thum on Thursday, February 05, 2015 - 11:11 am:

When we were kids my Dad pulled us, on our sleds, with the tractor. Two of us would tie up close to the tractor so the third one could have a long rope to go side to side. We also tied in such a way that we had to hold on to a loop of rope to stay with the tractor. Those were fun time I wish I could give my kids and grand kids.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration