SERVWELL Magneto Charger For Sale

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: SERVWELL Magneto Charger For Sale
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kevin piquet on Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 03:43 pm:

I have a Servwell Magneto Charger in original condition. I have sold all my Model T's.

Is there any interest in this item?

Thank you,
Kevin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Barchock Canton, Mi on Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 03:47 pm:

price, pictures?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kevin piquet on Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 03:52 pm:

I can add a picture shortly. I have not taken any yet.

It is all there and I have used it a few years ago.

What kind of price do they bring?

Thanks,
Kevin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kevin piquet on Thursday, February 05, 2015 - 08:23 pm:

Is there anyone who would be able to help me with a value?

Thank you very much for the help.
Kevin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier on Thursday, February 05, 2015 - 08:38 pm:

Kevin, don't know what the real value would be but copper is high. A few years back I was going to build a new magnet charger and the copper alone was over 200 bucks. Put it on ebay and see what happens, you might be surprised. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, February 06, 2015 - 12:36 am:

The last two home made ones I just looked on ebay were over 150 each. They had fairly small coils and were battery powered. I have been pricing magnet wire to build one, yikes!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier on Friday, February 06, 2015 - 04:36 am:

mark here's the one I ended up building from four old metal halide light transformers(free) and directions from Gingery's book. Ended up with about 40 bucks including the book. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Friday, February 06, 2015 - 09:02 am:

Kevin says it is a "Magneto" charger. not a "magnet" charger. Pictures would really help .... My magneto charger has very little copper in it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Friday, February 06, 2015 - 10:30 am:

the magnet charger i just made, like the one on Steve Js site, cost about 15 bucks, worked just fine

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd, ............Red Deer, Alberta on Friday, February 06, 2015 - 11:54 am:

Kevin, is the Servwell Magneto Charger something like the one in Keith'e picture? Or is it one of the hand held ones to use while the magnets are on the flywheel in the car?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Brancaccio - Calgary Alberta on Friday, February 06, 2015 - 12:42 pm:

I couldn't find a picture of the device itself but found this ad from 1925.

It mentions "without loosening a bolt or nut".

Must be like a battery charger or batteries in series like you would use on an in car recharge attempt.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration