1914 for $ 6100 anyone here buy it ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 1914 for $ 6100 anyone here buy it ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Kriegel Mishawaka Indiana on Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 05:19 pm:

Oh I wish I wish for a brass car someday again! Too much snow and bills to buy one now ! This though seems like a VERY fair price. Am I wrong ? Sold today on Ebay

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 05:27 pm:

I had been watching it. Sure seems like a good deal to me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Dwyer in Troy, New York on Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 05:36 pm:

And it was for sale by a dealer. You can imagine what he paid for it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Dwyer in Troy, New York on Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 05:40 pm:

I should also say that I liked that car. I would have had fun with that one. And the funky cowl, too. There was a discussion thread on that particular accessory cowl.

My problem was that the car was for sale in Minnesota. In FEBRUARY ! I live near southern Vermont, so driving any distance is not in the cards. Makes me wonder why they couldn't wait until spring to put it up on eBay for such a low reserve price.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Mc Willie on Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 07:03 pm:

Lot's of fun for the price. Someone got a great deal. Often times good deals can be had from dealers. Remember that dealers need to sell cars to make money and pay the bills. Private sellers rarely rely on selling cars to pay the bills. It is also quite likely that this dealer doesn't specialize in older cars and maybe took this on trade and was just looking to get rid of it. Whatever the case is, I bet the buyer was surprised to get it for that price.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 07:11 pm:

Scott, FWIW the car pictured above isn't the one referenced with the funky cowl. This one still sports the beautiful all wood firewall. This one just has a bit of a funky pickup box, but that could be remedied real quick and very affordably.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration