OT Auto Trivia

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT Auto Trivia
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eugene Adams on Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 09:48 pm:

http://www.rense.com/general96/cartriv.html
Gene

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 10:04 pm:

Very cool Gene. Thanks for posting the link. All entries are neat, but the first photo of the 1909 White Steamer is my favorite. What a beast!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eugene Adams on Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 10:55 pm:

Henry,
Modesto, CA strikes a cord. 68 years ago I was stationed at Oceana Naval Air Station in Virginia Beach (1947). A buddy in the squadron is still living.
He lived in Modesto until a couple of years ago when he moved to Davis,CA to be near grandchildren.
We still communicate by Christmas cards and email.
Gene

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Saturday, February 07, 2015 - 09:42 am:

I would debate the answer to the Dodge emblem incorporating the Star of David. If you look closely, the DB emblem is really two interwoven triangles, one black and one white. I think this is an old Egyptian symbol. The Irish brothers, John and Horace Dodge, one story has it, choose the symbol because the brothers were very, very close and liked the idea of the interwoven triangles representing them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Hood -Long Beach, California on Saturday, February 07, 2015 - 12:33 pm:

I thought Ford's first pick-up truck had a steel bed. I didn't know that you had to "pick up" the car in a crate at the factory and then use the crate to make the pick-up bed! How do these "facts" get started and who "checks" these facts? Obviously not the writers of the articles!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration