Whats this 1910 diassembled car worth ??? $$$

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Whats this 1910 diassembled car worth ??? $$$
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RJ Walworth, New York on Thursday, February 05, 2015 - 07:41 am:

Found this car and this is what the guy listed at
Trying to figure out whats its worth. There is one simular in the Horselees Carriage that is disassembled it been listed for many months

1910 Model T Ford Project : " Basket Case " 90% completed as far as correct original & new reproduction parts; parts have been purchased thru- Snyder, Mac, Lang & Bob's as well as private collectors & Ebay; Has original frame , front end, windshield, hood, wood spoke wheels; all brass lights, gas tank, buggy rail; new from ( rotlieb ) fenders, aprons, running boards, large amount of small parts, brake shoes, bracketry , bolts , etc. purchased thru above mentioned suppliers & others; Also included are (2) custom wooden roadster bodies; with mother-in-law seat (rotlieb ) & orig. front seat ? There is a running motor , trans., & rear end with the car , not original , 1918 ? plus many unmentioned parts to complete the car ; All will be included ! There is no title ; It needs all aspects of assembly & finishing

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eubanks, Powell, TN on Thursday, February 05, 2015 - 07:53 am:

A lot of interesting parts but, that is just what it is. I would think the two custom bodies (if quality) would be 3-4K ea and the rest of the stuff what someone is willing to pay for it. Could make a nice fun car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Thursday, February 05, 2015 - 10:33 am:

The seller probably couldn't find a 1910 T engine and decided to call it quits. That 1 item alone has a big part in determining the value.
The running 1918? engine, rear end, trans.is worth around 1000.00, maybe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RJ Walworth, New York on Thursday, February 05, 2015 - 10:36 am:

he's looking for 16k for all everything

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, February 05, 2015 - 05:43 pm:

"Also included are (2) custom wooden roadster bodies; with mother-in-law seat (rotlieb ) & orig. front seat ?" Depending upon many aspects of condition, how well made, how completely done, how correctly done, materials used, etc? The bodies could be worth anywhere from a hundred bucks to three grand each. Remember, there are a couple suppliers of good reproduction bodies that will sell you a '10ish MIL roadster body ready to paint for about three grand. That pretty much limits the value. The Craftsman in San Diego is well known and mostly very well liked. There is another fellow back East that sells on eBad often. I don't know much about his work, but the photos look very nice.
I wonder what year that "original frame" is? Makes a huge difference in a '10 to '12. !918 running gear makes me suspicious. The running gear value also depends on condition. It is worth somewhere between a few hundred and a bit over a grand, unless it is all truly rebuilt. Then it could be worth as much as about five grand.
What year style are the wheels? What condition are they?

All those new Rootlieb parts? A little over a couple grand would buy most of that from Rootlieb.

Part of the problem is the question of "how much of this is really 1910?" A proper, good, in good restored condition 1910 rear end would be worth about five grand all by itself. If what this is, is a project pile of mostly later and reproduction parts? The whole pile may not be worth five grand.
The following, I offer simply as a comparison.
Sadly, last year, a regular on this forum was trying to sell a 1910 project. It was a good one. Many parts were actual 1910 parts, mostly restored and very nice. A lot of reproduction parts, including a very nice touring body. Much of the car was done, painted, nice. The engine needed to be finished, and was a modified later block, made to look like a proper 1910. It was beautifully done, and would require someone that REALLY knew what they were looking at to tell it from an actual correct block. His car, once finished would have been welcomed almost anywhere antiques are welcome. Could have had THAT whole car for $16K. Sadly (to my thinking), he wound up parting it out because more people were willing to pay real money to complete their projects than were willing to buy his. Sadly also, that was one of three different unfinished 1910ish projects I have seen in the past three years. All of them in the $8k to $18K range. All of them, good ones, that hardest work done, and nice.
Again, just for comparison's sake.

If what you are looking at is mostly just a bunch of parts? Mostly wrong or reproduction? Not nearly restored or together? Sounds to me like they need to drop about $10K off the price. If mostly restored and ready to use? It would be worth a bit more. Still nowhere near $16K.

I do wonder what is meant by "" Basket Case " 90% completed as far as correct original & new reproduction parts;"? It seems a bit ambiguous since it is followed by " There is a running motor , trans., & rear end with the car , not original , 1918 ?"
One really needs to know what is really there to estimate a value.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RJ Walworth, New York on Thursday, February 05, 2015 - 06:24 pm:

Thanks Wayne I was thinking of the same.. I'll check it out right now he says they are in 3 different buildings. I told him if he was going to serious of selling you are going to have to put all the parts in 1 place for viewing...so I am waiting for his return call on this

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RJ Walworth, New York on Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 06:21 pm:

went to check this car out. Its 60+% reproduction parts. the body is homemade using the plastic coated plywood totally disassembled parts all over in boxes,& in plastic bags. 1918 motor/drive train.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 07:06 pm:

you get what you pay for!!! charley

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration