Old Photo - Homemade Running Board Kitchenette

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - Homemade Running Board Kitchenette
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, February 05, 2015 - 09:25 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Thursday, February 05, 2015 - 09:28 am:

It might not necessarily be home made.
The silverware box appears to have a label on it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, February 05, 2015 - 09:39 am:

Here's the other side of the car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Thursday, February 05, 2015 - 10:20 am:

I like the seat on top of the toolbox. Spotlight, headlight covers, probably a bunch of other stuff I missed. I'm not sure what's inside the back door, might be clothspins. At first I thought it was an accessory driver's door but now I see the photo is flipped or it's right hand drive.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Thursday, February 05, 2015 - 10:21 am:

Guess it is an accessory driver's door, at least there are doors on both side of the car. I dunno. Gotta go to work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Thursday, February 05, 2015 - 10:24 am:

Running board carpet ahead of the lunch box, two spare tires, cool paint job, this guy had it going on!! Nice Ford.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Thursday, February 05, 2015 - 10:31 am:

This is a Canadian T. Besides the drivers door, it has the Canadian style wheel nuts and lugs and the horn button and wire too. It also has the oval glass windows at the back.

(Message edited by 404 not found on February 05, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Thursday, February 05, 2015 - 10:33 am:

Dr. Livingstone I presume?

Looks like a zoo or maybe safari tour-guide vehicle. Has 2 spare tires. Would be neat to know where this picture was taken.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Thursday, February 05, 2015 - 11:42 am:

I was thinking safari as well. I thought the back door had cartridges on it. Bwana could ride on the running board seat while the driver chased down the game. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Thursday, February 05, 2015 - 11:47 am:

Seat covers, headlight lens booties, duplex spare tire carrier - also note bracket on the back (first photo)

More Canadian details - top saddles

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Thursday, February 05, 2015 - 12:59 pm:

I think that horn button in center of steering wheel and with wire attached is also typically Canadian too. A lot of work has gone into this Model "T" after it left the factory!

Also strange how the slightly "over-length" running boards attach to the front and rear fenders.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Thursday, February 05, 2015 - 01:06 pm:

Often wondered how they kept all the road dust out of the kitchenettes. Maybe they didn't.

Camo scheme catches on:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Thursday, February 05, 2015 - 03:43 pm:

It is indeed right hand drive and not a flipped photo. I can see the choke ring at the front of the rad. I'm guessing it's in Austrailia. Only an Austrailian would paint a car like that. Right guys? :-) Seriously though, I think the owner created this camo for hunting. Look at the headlight covers so he won't spook the game and eating utensils for instant meals.

(Message edited by 404 not found on February 05, 2015)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration