Old Photo - Uncle Fester's Other Brother Darryl

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - Uncle Fester's Other Brother Darryl
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, February 06, 2015 - 10:43 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Friday, February 06, 2015 - 11:45 am:

Another example of just how shiny the finish was when new.

Did anybody else notice that the rear tires have some sort of tread but the fronts appear smooth ? If this car is as new as the shine appears to indicate, do you think it was delivered with two different tire styles, or had fronts or rears already been replaced ?

Dick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Friday, February 06, 2015 - 11:56 am:

I have read many places that Ford began supplying treaded tires on the rear only for the first few years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Spaziano, Bellflower, CA. on Friday, February 06, 2015 - 12:08 pm:

I wonder if his parents blew all of his money too before he turned 18. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Friday, February 06, 2015 - 12:50 pm:

The car is an early '17 model.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Friday, February 06, 2015 - 01:10 pm:

The seats and top look factory new as well. Don't see any mud build up under the rear fender either.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Friday, February 06, 2015 - 01:11 pm:

It is a 1917 Ford but it does not have the riveted windshield so not exactly early in the model year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince M on Friday, February 06, 2015 - 04:30 pm:

Love those light grey tires on a black car.

Vince M

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Friday, February 06, 2015 - 07:42 pm:

Any one want to venture a guess on that tub shaped item in the store alcove? All I can make out is the cross design and some blurred words on top.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Friday, February 06, 2015 - 07:54 pm:

Erik, thanks for the added clarification. I was going by the equal length windshield hinges when I called it early. I did think about the rivets which would be even earlier. Perhaps I should have called it a mid '17.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration