My picture won't upload.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: My picture won't upload.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Hagen on Friday, February 06, 2015 - 08:22 pm:

I am sure this has been talked about before. Any links to prior years?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Friday, February 06, 2015 - 08:37 pm:

Here Gary, try this.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/430986.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin Konrad on Saturday, February 07, 2015 - 05:40 pm:

Mark S. got me started with this link, even by having Windows 8. I found by 'saving' to my 'desktop', it could be easily retrieved for the post, and then deleted. Here is the link:
http://www.picresize.com/batch.php

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ex trooper on Saturday, February 07, 2015 - 07:42 pm:

IMG_3855.JPG

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Hagen on Monday, February 09, 2015 - 09:19 pm:

Thanks Marvin.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, February 10, 2015 - 09:50 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Tuesday, February 10, 2015 - 11:03 pm:

Been trying get pics upload myself says click the 'browse 'button but no 'browse ' button theres a choose file but that doesnt do anything

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Tuesday, February 10, 2015 - 11:28 pm:

Plan as day. Click on the Browse button and it should open a Windows Explorer window. Navigate to wherever you stored the photo. Click on the photo then click on Open. It will return you the screen below. Click on Upload.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - 08:17 am:

if it is the right size 810 10 trys per pic for me.charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - 08:21 am:

oops 8 to 10 trys,charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony J Marino on Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - 08:48 am:

How do you re-size photos on an iPhone to make them less than 194 KB in size for this forum?

Is there an iPhone app for re-sizing photos?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Blancard on Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - 09:33 am:

FWIW - I post most of my photos using a Blackberry 10. I got a simple resizing app that makes it a snap to go from 1mb to under 200K.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - 09:35 am:

A Google search for "iphone picture resizing app" revealed these hits:

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1PRFA_enUS447US447&io n=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=iphone%20picture%20resizing%20app

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony J Marino on Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - 10:16 am:

Ok let's try this from my iPhone

F

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony J Marino on Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - 10:17 am:

Worked ok

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - 10:32 am:

Hey Anthony - my favorite iPhone app for resizing photos is the same one that Steve Jelf uses: Simple Resize. It's free and could NOT be easier to use.

Once you have it downloaded from the app store (it's FREE!) you just open the app - it'll ask you if you want to re-size a photo from your library or from the camera, just select "photo" and it'll take you to your pictures already on your phone. Select the picture you want to resize, at the bottom of the Simple Resize app is a slider bar with some common sizes listed along it. I currently have mine set to 560x420. It ends up posting a good size picture that is always plenty small enough for the forum to handle. You can also touch the number at the top of the screen and it will let you manually type in the size you want it to be. Then just hit "Save". It will create a new, re-sized copy of the photo that you can use to post to the forum. You can then keep that one or delete it at your leisure. I can post pictures much faster with my phone because I can take the picture, use the iPhone's photo editing to crop or rotate it, Simple Resize it, and then slap it up on the forum. Compared to doing all of that after I transfer the photos from my phone to my computer. You may find that you can go a bit bigger than 560, but I've found that that size works well for me.

One other thing I would recommend to you is that your photos will post much nicer to the forum if you will make a point to hold your phone sideways whenever you are taking pictures - you want it to be wide from side to side instead of tall and skinny.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony J Marino on Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - 11:42 am:

Ok let's try simple resize on my iPhone

G

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony J Marino on Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - 11:43 am:

It worked good.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration