Today's swap meet score

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Today's swap meet score
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, February 06, 2015 - 11:43 pm:

I always find something worth bringing home from the Sunflower Swap Meet. Today's haul included four valve stem covers and nuts ($15), three coil boxes ($25) for parts, a 2513 diff case ($1), and this:

The guy who sold me the valve stem covers had a bunch of tools that included three of these. He wanted $30 each. I told him I'd have to meditate on that. About twenty feet away was another fellow with a bunch of tools. He sold me this one for $3. I didn't quite rip my pocket off, but I didn't waste any time getting the money out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Friday, February 06, 2015 - 11:55 pm:

thats the thrill of it, we all get lucky once in a while !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Friday, February 06, 2015 - 11:59 pm:

WOW! Good buy on the exhaust pack nut wrench Steve! I think what that first guy was asking is about what the vendors are getting for the repop ones they sell, which are actually pretty crude!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Saturday, February 07, 2015 - 03:54 am:

Good SCORE Steve.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Saturday, February 07, 2015 - 01:10 pm:

Steve, you would be fun to go to these places with. Nice finds.

How close is this to the 5 Z 204 wrench?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, February 07, 2015 - 08:19 pm:

The deals are out there. You have to be in the right place at the right time.
You hit it right on that wrench Steve.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill dugger on Saturday, February 07, 2015 - 08:32 pm:

Guy's: you hope that if Steve fell into that bucket of S**T that he would come out smelling like a rose and not loose his tape measure. Of course he might need the tape measure to see how deep the bucket is!

Bill dugger
Redding Ca.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, February 07, 2015 - 10:03 pm:

I wish Steve was my neighbor, in the hope that his aura might rub off on me. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, February 07, 2015 - 10:57 pm:

Erich, same wrench, different number.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Saturday, February 07, 2015 - 11:14 pm:

actually, not the same wrench. the 204 is round in the middle, not pointed in the middle for that extra grip!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Chillingworth on Sunday, February 08, 2015 - 10:34 am:

I came home from the Sunflower Swap Meet with a 1914 10-brad coil. I tested it with my Fun Projects "Coil Beeper" and it is indeed good.

Rich C.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Sunday, February 08, 2015 - 10:37 am:

Clayton,there are at least two versions of the 5Z-204,One is hex and one rounded.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Monday, February 09, 2015 - 02:21 pm:

A few of my finds, all but two items, a $1.00 wrench and a coil box lid which I still can't find, not in the car or at the house and shop where I unloaded.

one of my dollar items was this tire tool, it's stamped Dunlop and on the back side made in England. My guess is motorcycle or bicycle. For a buck it's now in my tool collection.

My first item was the horn, $20.00 and expect for tools I didn't pay more than that for any of the T parts I got. The Buller Coupler hitch is NOS but missing the part that locks it together and because I have a worn out one it will donate the spring and the lock.

The 5 shocks (4+one extra) $10.00, the spindles look nos and are 26/7 $20.00, the two sets of Large thread re-threaders both fine and course $10.00 for the pair.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Monday, February 09, 2015 - 03:19 pm:

The Stevens generator gear puller was a nice find !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ned Protexter on Monday, February 09, 2015 - 03:37 pm:

Want to double your money on those shocks?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Monday, February 09, 2015 - 03:46 pm:

Thanks Guys, but they too were on my list. That is if I found some. My biggest problem was for the number of venders the number selling model T parts is around 100 to 1. This was the first time in many years I did not spend all the money I took. I did luck out and after the swap meet meet up with a fellow selling the last of his friends machine shop tools( he passed 2years ago), got a Sunnen Pin hone and rod straightening tools plus a bead roller for cheep. After I get it all cleaned up I'll post pics. I'm thinking I'll pass on the trans bushing sizes but stay simple with 1/2", 3/4", and piston pin size.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration