Another Accessory Steering Column Support

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Another Accessory Steering Column Support
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Saturday, February 07, 2015 - 07:45 pm:

Jay posted a pic of a heavy duty steering column support awhile back. Here is the one I have. It is a different design, but still is a heavy piece. It will work on a thick wooden dash board or on a thin steel dash board by reversing the gold colored clamp. I have two of these so this may be the one I use on the speedster.

clamp

clamp 2

clamp 3

clamp 4

clamp 5

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Saturday, February 07, 2015 - 11:27 pm:

nice!, as soon as the common man had a car, the common entrepreneur tried to get his money with all these gizmos and gadgets

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, February 08, 2015 - 11:01 am:

Nice accessory! No holes to drill and these really do stiffen up the steering column.

The APCO brace is the most common one of these accessories you see and is the one that's being reproduced these day's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, February 08, 2015 - 12:10 pm:

Jay: I see you have one of the handbrake extensions, I thought about using one of the extensions instead of bending the handbrake. Are there any problems with them, and are the repros sold thru Macs as good. Im going to move the handbrake outside on the speedster and Im thinking of using one of the repro extensions.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, February 08, 2015 - 12:26 pm:

Donnie, Mine is an original. I really like it on our 15 roadster. It puts the handle within easy arms reach. The only drawback is that the handle needs to be removed to lift the floorboard out when working on the bands.

Here's a past thread.
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/411842.html?1388609704

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Sunday, February 08, 2015 - 05:15 pm:

This support is from my Duncan & Fraser roadster.
The top is bolted to the curved timber to which the cowl panel is fieed. The blackwood dash board is independent of the bracket,and sits forwatd of it.steering bracket

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, February 08, 2015 - 09:26 pm:

Jay, thanks for the link. Ill probably have Langs bring one to Chickasha. I think it will look good on the speedster, and make moving the handbrake outside of the body easier ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, February 08, 2015 - 09:44 pm:

Donnie, I think you will be as pleased with the unit as I have been.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration