Trouble in River City...

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Trouble in River City...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Saturday, February 07, 2015 - 10:00 pm:

Trouble, oh we got trouble,
Right here in River City!
With a capital "T"
That rhymes with "P"
And that stands for Pool!

The Corbett Children's Theatre is doing a production of The Music Man. The play is set in 1912 and my 1911 Model T is on display in the lobby of the play's venue. I took the ropes down so we could take some photos of the actors.

Here are Marcellus Washburn and Professor Harold Hill, played by Josh Layton and Isaiah Johnson:

My son Spencer (at the wheel) had a part in the play and sang in the Quartet along with Alex Johansen, and Michael Sherman, and Ethan Golden, in the backseat (l to r.)

I was amazed of the talent of all these fine young actors, all of whom are 18 and younger!

Having the car there lends ambiance to the production and hopefully introduces someone to the antique car hobby.

: ^ )

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, February 07, 2015 - 11:07 pm:

I consider that the hours I spend with cue in my hand are golden.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Paulsen - McPherson, KS on Saturday, February 07, 2015 - 11:16 pm:

One of my favorite shows. Here's a photo from a few years ago when it was performed at McPherson College with high school and college students. My daughter (age 8 at the time) and I were in it, but I only had a drive-on part. We used my T as the Wells Fargo wagon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, February 08, 2015 - 04:22 am:

Usually I'm working the lights or sound board for any production at the State Theatre, but for Music Man I was drafted to be the Train Conductor--"River City, Iowa, Next Station Stop River City Iowa--'Boooard!!" Then it was back to the Light booth. I still claim I was given the part as type casting (served a number of excursion trains as conductor) and because I already had the costume complete with lantern and ticket puncher!!
How'd you get a Cast Iron Tub in your T??
:-)
Also, my favorite musical, since I was a kid and saw it at the California Theatre in downtown Dunsmuir, CA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Sunday, February 08, 2015 - 07:32 am:

Keith -- that's great! And it also a special time as a parent! It reminds me that there are lots of young adults that are doing good things. I just need to remember just because I seldom see the good stories in the news, doesn't mean they are not still happening out there.

All -- another great way to help others discover that Model T Fords are still out there. And a warmer way than driving them in the cold of winter. [I know it isn't cold everywhere -- but that open T and below 50 is just a little too cold for me now days to enjoy. Now there was a time ....]

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sole - Castelldefels (Spain) on Sunday, February 08, 2015 - 07:52 am:

One of my favorites too. My class performed some of the songs from The Music Man when I was in the 5th grade. Will never forget it! I did the part of one of the salesmen. Nice memories. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Sunday, February 08, 2015 - 09:18 am:

Keith & Chris...nice cars! It's cool that they were used in a place of prominence.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Sunday, February 08, 2015 - 02:00 pm:

Keith, you are a boon to the hobby.
And all mankind, come to think of it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Sunday, February 08, 2015 - 02:36 pm:

Keith, I wish more people could have famlies like yours. You go to great lengths to be the perfect father, and you are.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Sunday, February 08, 2015 - 06:48 pm:

Keith and Spencer, very exciting. I bet folks love the play and more than a few of the old and young will give your fine T a very warm looking over. I bet seeds of model T interest will be planted for future days.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration