Ohio Jamboree

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Ohio Jamboree
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Moorehead on Sunday, February 08, 2015 - 09:38 am:

The Ohio Jamboree has been going on for more than 25 years and is always Labor Day weekend. Normally, the location would have been announced by now and motel reservations made. Has anyone heard of the location for 2015? I know it is a lot of work as our club was involved previously. I hope someone is doing it again this year. It is always a good time and tour.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Sunday, February 08, 2015 - 09:57 am:

I thought it would be nice to see the north east part of Ohio, Wine country and covered bridges? Wish I was from that area to plan it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Monday, February 09, 2015 - 03:31 pm:

Haven't heard of a host chapter that has stepped up yet.

I've been driving my T to that tour since 1991. I wouldn't know what else to do on that weekend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Monday, February 09, 2015 - 03:36 pm:

Hey Joe, how about the Tiffin area? That's a one tank trip for me!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Moorehead on Monday, February 09, 2015 - 07:53 pm:

Its a good tour and I agree with Jerry. Heck, if no one steps up, we may have to just all interested parties could meet somewhere and play it by ear. We would be glad to help in any way but being in Kentucky makes it hard to do much mapping out the routes and such. But there is the internet!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Monday, February 09, 2015 - 08:05 pm:

I was hoping some others would chime in? I know they are lurking out there reading it? I would not have a problem of having home base out of Tiffin again but it would have to be up to the rest of the club first.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 06:10 pm:

The tour is not that hard to figure out, the best way is to grab one that some one else has done in different types of vehicles, have it recopied and the rest is easy. There is a lot of sports car tours out there or the AACA tours that have been mapped out before? It is only as hard as you make of it. Jim Cook throwed one together in a couple of days by doing it this way!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gerald Hansen on Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 08:31 pm:

Will have info on this coming week--no I'm not doing it. Other than can say will be West of Cleveland

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Moorehead on Sunday, February 15, 2015 - 08:06 am:

This sure is good news. Can't wait to see where it will be!
Thanks to whoever stepped up and is doing it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Sunday, February 15, 2015 - 09:00 am:

Sounds really good to me, since I and some friends are "west of Cleveland"...maybe it'll be in our backyard??!:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gerald Hansen on Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 09:01 pm:

Sorry don't have any additional info since the 14th as I hoped I would. The tour will be West of Cleveland they have a mailing list everyone will be notified the necessary info same as the other tours in the past

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Friday, February 20, 2015 - 10:01 am:

Fantastic! If no chapter stepped up, I was going to pick a spot in OH and drive the T there anyway!

Thank you host chapter, whoever you are!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Friday, February 20, 2015 - 10:25 am:

If the tour is just west of Cleveland, it could be a good choice for Canadians. We could drive on the Canadian side and take a nice break from driving by loading our vehicles on the Pelee Island Ferry and crossing to Sandusky Ohio. Does anyone here know if the ferry will accommodate a pickup truck and cargo trailer? Looking at the ferry website, I think it does but I'm not sure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Friday, February 20, 2015 - 11:41 am:

Dave, I live near the Pelee ferry dock, in fact used to captain an excursion ferry on the same dock. We were the ticket agent for them. It's not a large boat, I think only holds 14 cars total, so add trailers and you can see how quick it fills up. Reservations I believe are a must for vehicles. Plus, it only makes ONE RUN per day, after Labor Day it's only on weekends. So you have to have sleeping accomodations on the "other side".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Friday, February 20, 2015 - 12:00 pm:

Hi Tim. Yes I know the boat is not that big. I have been on it before with a small car. I don't recall anything about larger vehicles as it didn't concern me at the time. The ferry website mentions a charge for vehicles more than 20 feet long and I would imagine they would have to accommodate some kind of deliver trucks unless they have a different boat just for that. I would be staying on the American side but would like to take the ferry to get there. I will look into it. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Friday, February 20, 2015 - 07:21 pm:

Dave, if you plan a trip over this way on the Pelee (we just call it that for short), drop me a line. I'll try to meet you there in one of mine and maybe even a friend too and we'll have a "dockside car show" (all the locals love to see these cars whenever I go down there) and then maybe do some rattling around!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Friday, February 20, 2015 - 07:50 pm:

That could happen Tim. The only thing is, my car would likely be tied up in the trailer. Earlier in the summer though, I'm considering a camping trip tour to the island itself. I just might abandon the truck and trailer on the mainland and only take the T on the ferry which would be cheaper and more fun, (I wonder how much oil leakage they will tolerate)? There would be room at the campsite for you and others of course.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Moorehead on Saturday, March 14, 2015 - 06:07 pm:

I here this is going to be in Toledo. Anyone have any details yet? Inquiring minds want to know!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Saturday, March 14, 2015 - 08:10 pm:

I hope it is near Toledo. It's a straight 4 hour run from Canada for me and no ferry crossing required. Count me in!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gerald Hansen on Saturday, March 14, 2015 - 09:10 pm:

It's a go will be based in Westlake Oh Sperry Road/I90

The following is the info from my Granddaughter she asked me to post.

The 2015 All Ohio Model T Jamboree will be hosted by the Lake Erie T-Wrex in Westlake, OH. The group is new and recently acquired the event and is therefore a little behind in the planning stages. They have booked a hotel but are working on tour details and pricing. They hope to send out details in the next month or so.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Moorehead on Saturday, March 14, 2015 - 10:00 pm:

Thanks to your club for doing this Gerald. We that have been doing this for years appreciate you and your club. And welcome as a new club!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, March 15, 2015 - 10:25 am:

I will be attending a brunch with the Northcoast Model T club in Oberlin on the 22nd. There's supposed to be some info on the Jamboree then. I'll try to remember to pass any on. (have to take notes!) :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kristin Kabelen on Sunday, March 15, 2015 - 04:54 pm:

Hello - My name is Kristin Kabelen and my club, the Lake Erie T-Wrex, and I will be hosting this years All Ohio Model T Jamboree. My grandpa, Gerald Hansen, let us know that there were some questions in regards to this year’s event.

I know that usually a group opts to host it the previous year, however, we actually weren't even a chapter yet! No one had taken over the event and it is something my family has been participating in since the beginning. We have been lucky enough to find friends who also share an interest in the Model T and All Ohio. We decided we would host the event in 2015 but because we weren't even our own group yet, we have had a few extra steps in the process along with agreeing to do it later in the game than most.

It will be hosted in Westlake, OH just off I-90. We are working on figuring out the details but the host hotel will be the Courtyard Marriot on Sperry Rd in Westlake. We are hoping to send the registration packets and additional information out in May. I hope that answers some of your questions. Thank you and we are looking forward to seeing you all in September!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Moorehead on Sunday, March 15, 2015 - 08:05 pm:

Kristin
This is great news and don't be afraid to ask for assistance in any way. I am sure previous clubs that have held it before would be happy to help.
Good news in deed!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Sunday, March 15, 2015 - 10:19 pm:

Looking forward to this one. Nice to have an official announcement so we can plan for it. Thanks Kristen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, March 16, 2015 - 07:47 am:

Thanks Kristen! Now I won't have to take notes. LOL :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Burton on Tuesday, April 07, 2015 - 11:29 am:

Are there any updates regarding the Jamboree?
Thank you

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, April 07, 2015 - 07:18 pm:

Jeff...it's Sept. 4,5,6 at Westlake Ohio. Host hotel is the Marriott.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration