They do multiply!!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: They do multiply!!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Monday, February 09, 2015 - 03:46 am:

T number 4 now in the shed.
With a bit of a sad story, this could happen to any of us.
A 93 year old, driving T's all his life, failed his drivers licence renewal test, so owning 3 he decided to scale down, a 12 touring will go to his son and a nice 15 roadster, when engine is back in, maybe up for sale, and I scored a 1916 pick-up, a bit of a bitts'a but a fun little T, the better half likes it so that's all that matters.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy on Monday, February 09, 2015 - 05:20 am:

Frank got bitten by the T bug really bad. He used to play with silly things like Chevs and Dodges and other stuff. He got the first 1916 T and fell in love with it. The rest is history. 3 more T's later, he now re metals engines, rebuilds transmissions and heaps of other stuff. It is great to have another T driver very close to home and ready to tour with when I can. The T hoby is great!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Monday, February 09, 2015 - 06:54 am:

Frank,

Congratulations on your new nice looking T! A bitts’a can be a lot of fun as it drives just as nice as a 1909 but you don't have to worry about how much it will cost you to replace those really expensive early parts etc.

Many of us if we don't pass on from some sudden sort of event (accident, heart attack etc.) we will get to the point we will probably have to turn in our driver's license. That is one reason I have thought about trying to purchase a few acres. A T is fun to drive on a dirt road. And if you are on private property, here in South Carolina, you do not need a license, insurance, etc. And if you have a really smooth field you don't even need a road.

If you live close by -- you may be able to stop in and give the original owner some rides. And I bet he has some great stories to tell.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Monday, February 09, 2015 - 07:56 am:

Frank, congrats on your new addition! And don't I know how they multiply! Number 5 followed me home a couple of weeks ago, from three states away! Enjoy that cute little truck. I absolutely love my '12 Roadster pickup.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration