T Exhaust Pipe Diameter

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: T Exhaust Pipe Diameter
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sam Hotton on Tuesday, February 10, 2015 - 12:53 am:

Hi all,

Can some one let me know the outside diameter of the exhaust pipe on a T ?

I'm looking at a Fulton accessory exhaust horn/whistle/chime, & just want to know if it will fit my T project.

I don't have a repop exhaust pipe yet for my T project, so am unsure what the pipe size is.

The Fulton will fit a 1-1/2" outside diameter pipe.

So, will this fit the T ?

Sam.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Tuesday, February 10, 2015 - 01:09 am:

1-1/2" OD, so your OK.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sam Hotton on Tuesday, February 10, 2015 - 02:25 am:

Thanks for that info Frank

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Tuesday, February 10, 2015 - 09:10 am:

I took my '27 to a muffler shop and he custom built an exhaust system, the next size bigger pipe and swelled the pipe to fit over the manifold and used a std. clamp. He also used a resonator for a muffler.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Davis Houston TX. on Tuesday, February 10, 2015 - 09:29 am:

I switch to Chaffins split manifold, ran both splits to a 3" fiberglass muffler and a single OV tailpipe.The noise was acceptable and the power bost was noticeable. Jerry.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Tillstrom on Tuesday, February 10, 2015 - 10:24 am:

I bought the car from Richard and can tell you whoever did the exhaust was an artist. I wished that guy would have written the settings down for his bender and sold them. It is far better than the standard T setup.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Tuesday, February 10, 2015 - 11:04 am:

Thanks Gary

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux on Tuesday, February 10, 2015 - 11:08 am:

I read that book in middle school. It's cool to see the house in pictures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux on Tuesday, February 10, 2015 - 11:08 am:

Wrong thread. lol

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration