Old Photos- Three Trucks

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photos- Three Trucks
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dane Hawley Near Melbourne Australia on Tuesday, February 10, 2015 - 06:27 am:

Caption for last one-"Load of chaff on truck - Dubbo, NSW"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Tuesday, February 10, 2015 - 08:07 am:

Great pics Dane. The last photo indicates a good reason why the "old slow-poke" TT was geared down so low. Be about the only way that 20 HP could pull a load like that!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, February 10, 2015 - 04:08 pm:

That last one also has the heavier wheel and tire like most of the world only put on the rear of TTs. I like it and do wonder how it may drive and steer differently?
Great photos! Thank you, Dane H!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Tuesday, February 10, 2015 - 04:10 pm:

Never fear Tim, 34 bags of chaff at 30kg/bag is only just over the one ton load the TT was built for.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Tuesday, February 10, 2015 - 06:49 pm:

When I was a kid my grandfather frequently loaded the ol' TT with 96 fruit lugs at 40 pounds each (net). So, including the weight of the boxes, it works out to about double the one ton rating.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration