Model T Pickup Bed Trailer

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Model T Pickup Bed Trailer
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Teno Lee on Tuesday, February 10, 2015 - 06:54 pm:

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum here and I'm trying to help out a friend. As with many of us now days, money is tight, and my friend has a trailer that is made out of what appears to be a 1925 Ford Model T pick up bed (at least according to the info I have seen on this forum and others). I've been trying to help them establish a value for it as they would like to sell it. Any ideas? Anyone interested? Thank you in advance. Any help would be appreciated. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Tuesday, February 10, 2015 - 07:03 pm:

It looks like a '25...they are rare and valuable...how valuable I don't know. It looks complete and straight. Can't see front panel with battery cutout/offset.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Tuesday, February 10, 2015 - 07:10 pm:

300-500.00 depending on condition. Saw one about that shape at Chickasha go for 400.00 last year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Teno Lee on Tuesday, February 10, 2015 - 07:23 pm:

Here are a few more photos....probably won't help much. But, at the moment they're all I have

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, February 10, 2015 - 09:41 pm:

A pic of the front panel would be helpful.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Tuesday, February 10, 2015 - 09:48 pm:

It's a '25 box. Unfortunately, the original rear fender mounting brackets & attaching hardware has been removed. The threaded cast piece can be replaced by using the rear iron body bracket off a Touring but the screw in fender mounting brackets (tapered shank) are quite scarce but can also be substituted with a Touring rear fender mounting iron.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Teno Lee on Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - 11:38 am:

Thanks everyone. I'll see if I can get a few more pics

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill dugger on Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - 05:57 pm:

Teno Lee: Did you get my PM? I guess I will have o put my note here. What or where in Cottonwoood are you? Just curious, as I am in Redding .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - 09:14 pm:

For what it is worth. I guess I will throw this out. (Yeah, that is a good idea, just throw it out)
I do not need any more projects, and am not looking to buy much these days. I have no interest whatsoever in the box. However, if someone wanted the box? And they wanted to get rid of the chassis part? Cheap? I could be interested in it for a possible project (and am not very far away). I do actually have parts enough that would work, but this could save me some labor if I ever did that project.
Good luck! Find a good home for these parts.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Teno Lee on Thursday, February 12, 2015 - 08:54 pm:

Sorry Bill Dugger. I tried to respond. But, apparently it didn't get through to you. I live a mile or so out First Street in Cottonwood. The trailer is roughly in the same area.

Thanks for the offer Wayne Sheldon. But, as I mentioned in my first post,the trailer is not mine. I was simply trying to help a friend establish a value for it. I would imagine they would want to sell it all as one. Unless they were able to get more for it by selling the frame and the bed separately.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Thursday, February 12, 2015 - 08:58 pm:

The "frame" & axle under the box is not Ford.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Thursday, February 12, 2015 - 11:12 pm:

Your rear stake pockets are really bad, which is going to drive the value way down. The pickup box I now have on my '25 pickup was almost mint, requiring just some minor body work, so something like that is much more desireable.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Friday, February 13, 2015 - 10:37 am:

My son in law just installed a new repro U - channel (rear stake pockets) on a friend's '26 - '27 box and it turned out real nice - it was a real nice repro part.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, February 13, 2015 - 12:34 pm:

Teno,
I would be interested in the side runners on the bottom, as my bed is missing them, but otherwise in fine shape. Oh, if the bed runners (pieces between the boards) are there, I'm missing a few of those too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James M. Riedy, Sandusky, Ohio on Friday, February 13, 2015 - 11:40 pm:

Steve T. Where did your son in law find the rear channel? I've kinda been looking for one for a future project. Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tex Holtby on Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 07:51 am:

Jim,

Langs sells the rear "U" channel. it fits the 25 box as well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 10:47 am:

My customer purchased it from Snyder's and my son in law is a pretty good "tin man" so he did the installation as well as installing a new "Z" pan for the floor planks to sit on.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration