How do I delete a Classified

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: How do I delete a Classified
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Holland, Utah on Tuesday, February 10, 2015 - 10:14 pm:

I can't remove a classified I posted. I have never done this. Any help would be appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, February 10, 2015 - 10:21 pm:

1. It'll disappear automatically when it's older than three months.
2. You can add a post in the classified thread that says it's sold or isn't for sale anymore.
3.You can e-mail Chris, our webmaster, about having it deleted?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Tuesday, February 10, 2015 - 11:09 pm:

You can also put in the post a new post asking for it to be deleted starting with PLEASE DELETE POST. If you are the original poster an admin will see it and delete it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Holland, Utah on Tuesday, February 10, 2015 - 11:37 pm:

The reason I want to delete it, is because I searched on the regular internet for the item and my MTFCA add was listed there with all my information on how to contact me. It was alarming! I did not know that, that would happen on the MTFCA web site. I thought it was closed to just us; and did not end up on the world wide web.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, February 10, 2015 - 11:52 pm:

Anyone can read the ads, you need to be registered to post or to see your profile which is what should be used for contacting you. You should never put your personal contact info in ANY ad. What is the item.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - 07:51 am:

Kevin and others - It's not the fault of the Forum....it is as Mark says...DO NOT post anything , ANYWHERE on ANYTHING that goes onto the internet.

HUGE sums of money are being made by internet savvy geeks working for companies that specialize in internet technology - i.e. Google. Absolutely NOTHING is private once it makes the internet. Look at all the "hacking" - the "leaks". People have built spiders that troll the web looking for tidbits of information.

Example: awhile back I posted a picture of one of my cars on this Forum. Last week I received a spam e-mail from eBay offering to sell that car - with picture attached to the e-mail - for a limited time for a $25.00 fee.
Although I did not ask, I am quite sure that neither Barbara nor Jay contacted eBay with that information. Did one of you, dear reader?
I don't think so....I think in this day and age with "smart phones", smart houses, smarty-pants journalists and others who are out to toot their own horn, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING is "private" once it is put on any computer, anywhere.

Do not post anything that you do not wish to appear on the front page of your hometown newspaper....and for peace in the world, please do not buy tickets to, purchase toys and games that glorify violence! Soon we will have no civility left, and it will be impossible to drive a T anywhere without encountering some type of road rage.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - 08:06 am:

Often advertisers who wants to make contact info easily available - but still hard to harvest by automatic spam robots - changes the @ to some other sign with an instruction to put it back - or some other distortion of the mail address that's easy for a human to correct but not for a machine. That'll cut the spam resulting from an ad considerably - in my case from ten daily to five in total.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Holland, Utah on Thursday, February 12, 2015 - 02:00 am:

Thanks Roger. Great information.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, February 12, 2015 - 08:59 am:

You can also hide your phone number from the robots by writing it out in words. Even better is to misspell the words. (516) 249-7858 = phive wun siks tu phor nein sevun ait phive ate.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration