Old Photos- Mostly TT's in Oz.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photos- Mostly TT's in Oz.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dane Hawley Near Melbourne Australia on Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - 06:32 am:

Caption- "Distant view of a delivery truck waiting outside the front of a hotel in the Darling River basin area of outback New South Wales"

Caption-"Load of wool on truck outside Flannery & Nash - Parkes, NSW"

NOTE assuming the bottom layer of bales is a total of 6, and the second lay also 6, with the top layer 4, that is 16 bales (plus some other at the top front). 16 bales would be a minimum of 240 pounds each = 3840 pounds, and in Aussie (British) measurements that is over 1 3/4 tons, but in US measurement almost 2 tons.

Caption "Truck loaded with fishermen displaying their catch Queensland ca. 1928"

Caption "Alf and Fred Midgley's 1922 T Ford truck at Jannali, 1942"

Caption "Willie Davis and his hire truck Sandgate District"

Caption- "Sandgate butcher E. Uhlmann with his delivery truck ca. 1920"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - 04:26 pm:

More nice photos! Thanks again Dane H.
No heavy size front wheels this time. Have you figured anything about where or when they were most used? There are a few non pneumatic solid cushion tyres on these trucks, however.
The fourth picture is captioned "Alf and Fred Midgley's 1922 T Ford truck at Jannali, 1942". I jokingly wondered to myself if the truck is any relation to Adrian W's "Albert". I know, the "Alf" was not the truck. I do wonder how Adrian is doing these days. He doesn't post often like he used to.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration