Early Chevys didn't hold up out in the weather, Richmond Indiana-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Early Chevys didn't hold up out in the weather, Richmond Indiana-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - 08:53 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - 11:21 am:

The brick building didn't hold up either. It would have been very unlikely that a Model T would have held up in that tornado either!
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - 11:34 am:

Looks drivable to me

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - 12:03 pm:

Yes Dave, the beginnings of a speedster.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - 12:15 pm:

Details…...

It was the Lorain, Ohio tornado on June 28, 1924 aka the Lorain-Sandusky tornado.

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=lorain+tornado+1924&ie=UTF- 8&oe=UTF-8&gws_rd=ssl

Richmond, Indiana is most likely a reference to the photographer or publisher of the photo, A.B. Reinhart, not the location of the photo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - 01:59 pm:

A Model T would have faired no better in a tornado!

Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - 06:11 pm:

come on guys, you know a T would take that and more and keep right on going.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - 06:19 pm:

Just like a Timex watch...Takes a licking and keeps on ticking! John Camron Swayze

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill dugger on Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - 06:26 pm:

O.K. now lets face it, Model T's are like Timex watches, they just keep on Ticking away. Turn the key and crank away unless a starter model.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill dugger on Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - 06:30 pm:

OOOOOOPPPPPPPPPS some one AKA Dennis had the same idea, that means smart minds run in the same track!!!!!!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - 07:15 pm:

That was right in "my backyard" figuratively speaking. Glad I wasn't there to witness it.
Had a small one go right behind my house in 1992 and that was enough for me. Had nightmares about it for over two years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By HARRY A DAW on Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - 07:40 pm:

You know why most Chevys were painted green didn't you?
So they could hide in the grass and watch the Fords go by.
Old one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - 08:12 pm:

I'm not sure if a Model T would have even been there....... :-O

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Thursday, February 12, 2015 - 08:56 am:

Actually, the Chevy looks as good or maybe even better than that brick building! It might even start up and drive away!

Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Andulics on Thursday, February 12, 2015 - 04:30 pm:

Born and raised in Lorain, sorry the Model T didn't fare much better.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Thursday, February 12, 2015 - 06:32 pm:

Yeah, you're probably right Joe. The gravity feed fuel system can be a bit "problematic" in that position!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration