Early Ruckstells

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Early Ruckstells
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - 10:30 am:

Who has the earliest Ruckstell? I have 6626 in my '13 roadster, and I just found out from a friend with a '15 roadster he has 4880. I have 191785. Is there one over 200,000?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - 10:43 am:

I once had a Hall Scott with a Ruckstell brass tag having a pat. pending date of Dec. 28, 1915. It is in a car now owned by John Pepe. I could contact John for the s/n if you are interested.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - 11:40 am:

Numbers go far beyond 200,000. I'll look at some of the old tags I have and see what I can find for a high number.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - 06:29 pm:

I have a Hall-Scott in my T, and it has the brass shifter housing. I checked the number on its housing and it's 16 thou and change. I thought it would be lower than that. The number also has an A prefix, whatever that means.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Blancard on Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - 06:33 pm:

Where is the serial number located on a Ruckstell? I have one in my parts pile, but haven't looked at it closely. I was wondering how old it is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard A Eddinger on Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - 07:00 pm:

Mine is S/N 38140. Does any one know what year it might be? My S/N is on a tag mounted on the housing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - 08:21 pm:

Steve -- The plate with the serial number is made of thin brass, about 1" x 3", riveted to the aft side of the Ruckstell housing. They are often MIA.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Blancard on Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - 08:28 pm:

Curiosity got me to dig mine out and have a look. I can find no tag. But it has a brass shifter that is faintly marked Hall Scott I think.

shifter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - 08:40 pm:

I have a Hall Scott #43930 and a Ruckstell # 114412 I'll check the other two tomorrow when I have better light

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - 08:56 pm:

Here's the serial for my newly built TT Ruckstell.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - 08:57 pm:

Great Idea Justin!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - 10:32 pm:

Larry, I have serial # 630,602 and I am sure that it wasn't the last. At an average price of $62.50 that's $40.000.000.00. I wish I had sold that many but I'm working on it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - 10:57 pm:

Canadian issue ones that I have 26/27x2, big backing plate, serial #'s start with CP53999 & CP55244. Canada is on the bottom of the plates, one is rectangle and the other is oval, could the lettering be ID'ing the ratio they left the factory?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Chillingworth on Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - 11:47 pm:

Off my TT Ruckstell.

Rich C.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Leonhardt on Thursday, February 12, 2015 - 12:39 pm:

My '26 TT with Ruckstell Tag serial number 569444.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Thursday, February 12, 2015 - 12:41 pm:

I had a closed-spool style small drum several years ago that had "Hall-Scott" marked on the brake backing plate - the guy it was traded to wanted that plate to match the other side of his 14 (smooth style) and had it re-worked. As I recall it was a low number in the 10,000's.

I have the backing plate somewhere - if I can dig it up I'll post a picture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Thursday, February 12, 2015 - 02:59 pm:

Here is a Hall-Scott plate and housing. Seems to be what Les VonNordheim was describing. This axle is currently on a '22.
Ruckstell plate
Hall scott housing

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration