Tour to Joshua Tree National Park

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Tour to Joshua Tree National Park
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker on Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - 01:37 pm:

Over this past weekend the Hidden Valley Club (Escondido CA) organized a trip to the Joshua Tree NP. For a change some of us drove from our respective homes while others trailered to the park. We Drivers called the others Trailer Trash... Five Model T drove meeting up along the route from San Diego and we spent the first night in Borrego Springs. That evening we visited sculptures that are in the desert.

Next day we drove North of the Salton Sea, then up through Box Canyon into the Park.

That evening the Trailer Trash arrived and next day climbed back into the Park for a visit to Keys View and then Keys Ranch.

On the Sunday we drove through the park and then visited the Patton Museum. Apparently General Patton trained most of his WWII troops.

After the tour of the park, the drivers continued back to Borrego and on the Monday drove over the mountains back to San Diego. A great time with wonderful company.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - 01:56 pm:

Hi Tony,

Ha, trailer trash. I like that, in a friendly kind hearted way. I do own a trailer, but have yet to use it to bring a car of mine to a tour. Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - 02:04 pm:

Tony
looks like a fun trip.
I wonder how much those water tanks on 10 get used any more?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - 04:41 pm:

I didn't hear anyone other than Tony call those of us who used trailers, "trailer trash". These days we need to be careful what we say. That term is often used to describe people who live in trailers or mobile homes. Many of those people are fortunate to have a home in which to live. Please refrain from using that expression in the future.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker on Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 03:57 pm:

If anyone is personally offended by the term trailer trash I am sorry. It was first mentioned at the meeting announcing the tour when I called those traveling by trailer " trailer people" and someone shouted "trailer trash". The term stuck. It was a joke and everyone one there knew it. Again I apologies to anyone who was personally offended.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Lovejoy, So Cal on Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 09:32 pm:

very cool, I have wanted to do the same with a model T. We do that very run on antique motorcycles once a year. But I thought it would be a great model T rum too, well done.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 10:01 pm:

Tony, I didn't mean any personal offense to you, but was afraid that some other people would be offended by the term "trash". Anyway, I think you and I are good friends, and appreciate the help you have given to me and others in the club, and the hard work you do organizing tours and speedster runs, for our club and other nearby clubs, and serving as an officer. I am sorry to have offended you and hope we can still be friends.
Norm

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration