Old Photo - Yonkers Store And Observation Tower

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - Yonkers Store And Observation Tower
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - 10:09 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Thursday, February 12, 2015 - 07:30 am:

Keep 'em coming Jay!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Thursday, February 12, 2015 - 07:45 am:

Beautiful. I am kinda surprised the elevation is only 1340 feet. I would have guessed 2-3 times that, based on the terrain.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Thursday, February 12, 2015 - 08:44 am:

Another great photo. I'm pretty sure it is a Harley.

OT I can hardly contain myself. My Harley project has been on hold for several years for lack of a cam. An Email a few minutes ago said new ones will be ready in a few weeks.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Thursday, February 12, 2015 - 09:05 am:

That store was on the old National Pike (Rt 40) and was still standing when I was a kid back in the 70's. I don't know if it is still there or not. I remember my Grandfather (Fred Long, active member of MTFCI and AACA from the beginnings up until 1983) telling me that when he was a very young man, he used to drive from Washington DC where he lived, to Chicago for the Model Airplane meets. That was in the late 1930's and the trip took a minimum of 24 hours. I remember him telling me about stopping at this place and another just like it on top of Sidling Hill. They were layover points on the mountain tops for cars as they climbed up over the Appalachain plateau. This point on Polish Mountain is about 45 minutes north of my place just over the border into Maryland. I think I now have a mission to go see if it is still there!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Thursday, February 12, 2015 - 12:37 pm:

Free push starts.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration