Vintage Ford

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Vintage Ford
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Stewart -Calif. on Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - 11:33 pm:

The Vintage Ford Volume 50 Number 1 arrived today. Great read as always.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, February 12, 2015 - 12:15 am:

I think the touring in front of the pointy building is a repeat of an early cover (the first?). It's a bit anachronistic. The building was completed in 1928, after that last Model T was made.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Thursday, February 12, 2015 - 02:03 am:

Got my issue yesterday, good article on distributor rebuild.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Thursday, February 12, 2015 - 08:31 am:

Well, I'd sure like to get mine! I always get mine late after the classifieds have been all "picked over"! LOL....Luckily my latest buy I found in a fall issue was still available! Got a bitter cold weekend coming up, I might like to do some shopping again!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Thursday, February 12, 2015 - 08:49 am:

Wasn't the "Daily Planet" aka City Hall the tallest building in the city for a while?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, February 12, 2015 - 09:04 am:

Yes, there was a thirteen-story height limit for many years. An anti-quake measure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Stewart -Calif. on Thursday, February 12, 2015 - 11:40 am:

The picture is actually of Vol.1 # 1 from my set of Vintage Ford magazines.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, February 23, 2015 - 04:11 pm:

I got my copy of V50N1 today in Hillsboro, MO. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Monday, February 23, 2015 - 04:24 pm:

With regard to the distributor rebuild...why not pick on one that is vintage...Bosch, Atwater Kent, Thomas, Delco...or several others that are? Why detail a rebuild something modern?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Moorehead on Monday, February 23, 2015 - 06:32 pm:

I for one appreciate the distributor rebuild section. Modern or not, it gives some good references to possible problems that can be reviewed before installation. I will use this for reference in the future. And also look at what I have already in cars to make sure all is well!
Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 10:05 am:

I think Jay should start with 1909 again, and work up to 1927. A lot of new information has come along since Bruces book. And, I'm getting tired of reading about race cars, speedsters, and racing equipment! How about some articles of real Model T's?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 10:41 am:

I got mine yesterday and I swear it does not have that cover art. Inside the magazine there is an image of that cover, but not on the mag itself. Do I have a "rare" copy?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 10:50 am:

Milt Webb had club members over last Saturday and walked us through the ins and outs of installing a distributor and gave us all handouts of his article. Milt's a great instructor, and a major asset to the club. Thanks Milt!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 11:56 am:

No Jerry, - Keith T.'s Touring in the snow is on the cover - the photo Mark posted IS the first edition of the Vintage Ford.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By harold lee cartwright on Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 12:10 pm:

need the web site so I can order this book I want to get the right book

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 12:12 pm:

It's been mentioned before, but a bit of trivia:

Vintage Ford V1N1 is a March/April editition, there were only five issues the first year. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 12:19 pm:

Harold, if I understand your question correctly you're asking about the Vintage Ford. It's the magazine that comes with club membership.

http://www.mtfca.com/brochure-current.pdf

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 12:20 pm:

Harold, This is Milt Webb's website.
http://www.milttheinstructor.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 01:05 pm:

I was disappointed that ten pages of the magazine were dedicated to the distributor, since no Model T came with one originally. Other than that, I was glad to get the magazine.

I know lots of members are heavily into Speedsters, but I'm not. So I'll agree with Larry about the amount of space given to them in the magazine the past few years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 02:11 pm:

I suspect what appears in the magazine has a lot to do with what's submitted. I doubt that Jay is sitting on a big pile of well written non-speedster material he doesn't want to use. Those us us who want to see something else should be writing it. I'm currently working on something. Anybody else?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Voss on Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 06:48 pm:

Hey I had my youngest wright a story about my car. It's not a speedster. As her father I think it was a good story.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harry Courtneay on Friday, March 06, 2015 - 09:25 pm:

Has anyone other than me not received their VF ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Friday, March 06, 2015 - 10:48 pm:

Larry,

I hear what you and others are saying about the hotrods, speedsters, V8's and modified rigs. If you are looking for a little break in that, Royce has posted a great series of Ford factory and street period photographs of the plain vanilla four cylinder 1914 Model T Ford on the other site.

There is one modified 1914 that Royce slipped in there but he is excused. The two girls are cuties. Please don't get me wrong, I do love my '35 V8 Cabriolet but we talk about them on the Early V8 Ford Forum.

Harry, I think they are picking on you! <grin>

Ken in Texas

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration