OT / Sorta - Oil Field Dodge 1920

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT / Sorta - Oil Field Dodge 1920
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin Konrad on Thursday, February 12, 2015 - 12:18 am:

Have a vague recollection of seeing this a while back, but still interesting. So, do we really know what 'potholes' mean??
Oil Field Dodge 1920

Talk about tough & well-made! -- (Dodge had also been a parts maker for Model T Fords).

So you went out and spent $40k - 70k on a new 4-wheel drive truck and put big off-road tires on it so you could get to work out in the oilfields. You could have just bought a 1920's era 2 wheel drive Dodge sedan!

As this video demonstrates, our roads have come a long way in 94+ years. One must wonder if many of our 4 wheel drive and ATVs could do as well as this old Dodge sedan did.

This is amazing old footage!

https://www.youtube.com/embed/nq2jY1trxqg?rel=0

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Friday, February 13, 2015 - 02:38 am:

I have a '25 Dodge Sedan like that.
With something like an 18:1 first gear ratio believe it.
If the film was slowed to REAL real time it would be apparent.
I don't know HOW many times I've watched that....... :-O

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By harvey cash on Friday, February 13, 2015 - 08:14 am:

fantastic film. Harv

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Lyon, PDX, OR. on Friday, February 13, 2015 - 03:34 pm:

It reminds me of a Timex watch commercial, Don.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration