Hello from Oroville,Ca

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Hello from Oroville,Ca
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Casey wilmunder on Thursday, February 12, 2015 - 04:10 am:

Hello everyone

Been lurking on here awhile and figured Time to throw the hat in and join since things been slowing down at my shop and started Back working on my model Ts and TTs also wondering if there's any fellow T people around in the area do see some fimilar names on here but attached a photo of my 26 TT closed cab and 24 c cab at my house.
Thanks
Casey Wilmunder
modeltts

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Thursday, February 12, 2015 - 06:01 am:

Casey,

Welcome to the forum! Nice looking Ton Trucks. The one in the back looks like it could be driven around the yard – but be careful – it is easy to fall off of a chassis only without some sort of seat.

Oroville, California should have some Model T folks not too far away. There are 22 local Model T chapters in California listed on the MTFCA site at: http://www.mtfca.com/clubpages/chapters.htm#ca . Normally I also recommend checking the links for local chapters of the MTFCI at: http://www.modelt.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5&Itemid=15#C A But for California the MTFCI has one chapter listed and it appears to be a dual chapter of both the MTFCA and MTFCI so it is also on the MTFCA listing (different point of contact – but appears to be the same club name). I don’t recognize where the cities are located, but you will be able to easily tell which one(s) are closest to you. Recommend you check them out as they can be a wealth of information, encouragement, and new friends. And if there is not a chapter near by, you can ask them if they know of any members or owners closer to you.

Please also give us a hint on your Model T experience. I.e. you already have several so have you been at this for a while and know about the safety issues the T has? Or did your inherit them and you are not that familiar with them? Not a right or wrong answer, but it will help folks know how to better respond to questions etc.

Also the four door car in the background – please let us know what year, make and model. The shape reminds me of the cars just before WWII when the headlights were still out of the fender or just starting to submerge into the front fenders.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Thursday, February 12, 2015 - 08:26 am:

Do you have any experience with steam railroading ??? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Robinson on Thursday, February 12, 2015 - 10:53 am:

Hello from Chico
I am aware that there are a bunch of Ts in this area but no local club I know of. I have been running with the Model A club here which is quite a great group. The problem is, Model As of course have 2 times the power and brakes and it pushes the old T to keep up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Thursday, February 12, 2015 - 12:42 pm:

Just guessing Hap, but that green car looks to me like about a '36 Dodge or Plymouth. I keep wondering if those intermodal containers in the background are "Model T garages"? I've always thought that the addition of a sort of "fake" Mansard type roof and some paint would make them into an acceptable looking shop or garage.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Casey wilmunder on Thursday, February 12, 2015 - 07:36 pm:

Hello everyone

Actually have a bad problem with saving
Anything old and those containers and my
Whole property is filled with 50+ antique
Cars from 10s to 60s.that is in fact a 1936 dodge brothers sedan all original drove it home from the local scrap yard from and auction they had several years ago.I've been into model Ts the last 6
years buying a 1926 TT as the first with
A 4spd Muncie and equipped with a fordson
Magento that they cut the license plate up and welded the hood togather make it clear.still learn a lot everyday about Ts
Been the last 2 years building a Speedster
And know that aux brakes will come quite handy in case it get stuck in neutral specially some of the old logging roads like to explore.and we do a lot with old
Railroad equipment we have two full size steam locomotive's one we run annually in the bay area.

Thanks
Casey Wilmunder

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron on Thursday, February 12, 2015 - 08:19 pm:

Wow - your '26 sitting on the driveway behind the flatbed is EXACTLY what I'm looking for. Exactly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Thursday, February 12, 2015 - 08:32 pm:

Casey,

Thanks for confirming Harold's excellent guess on name that car.

Harold,

I've seen photos of taking two of the shipping containers to form the walls and then adding wooden trusses to form a roof. Then closing in one end and putting a door at the other. But I don't think the zoning folks will let me get away with that one. And even if they would -- my wife won't (I've already asked).

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Thursday, February 12, 2015 - 09:15 pm:

We built EVERYTHING out of conex boxes like these in AFG. From living quarters to command
offices to showers and shxtters. Can't say that I would want them for my personal use after that
experience. They get the job done in a pinch, but they are a tight inside for most shop work
applications or storage, not to mention being a "tad" unsightly in a utilitarian kind of way.

I really like the old and organic look of rough sawn lumber and steel to go with all my old junk.
Just more of the "ambiance" of what makes T's attractive. Oh yeah, ... and my wife likes it ! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Thursday, February 12, 2015 - 11:08 pm:

Contact David Dewey. He lives in Oroville. Looks like you need to find a TT upper windshield frame.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, February 12, 2015 - 11:38 pm:

Guys, Casey knows he can't have my upper frame!! :-) However Casey, I do have an "extra" upper Body section, if you don't have one. Wish my C cab doors were that nice! (is that the C cab the fireman had?)
Also guys (and gals), Casey didn't show you half the interesting stuff that is on that property!! Which is so far "in the boonies" it makes my place seem like downtown! -- Actually so far out that I haven't been there yet!! Hey John, there's enough of us folks around that we probably could do a chapter--but I think most of us aren't into "running a club"! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Friday, February 13, 2015 - 08:41 am:

Welcome Casey ...

Thanks for the photo ... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Casey wilmunder on Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 04:46 am:

Yes David the one down the street from the highschool he also had a touring but was in the process off selling it Dont know if he ever did get rid of it but already have enough projects how's the roadster coming along. sometime you'll have to come up to the place it isn't to bad to get out here but at least around winter time have a 4x4.

Thanks
Casey W

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard A Eddinger on Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 11:40 am:

Hi Casey I sent you a P/M

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 12:56 pm:

Hi Casey,
Glad you got it, it was in MUCH better shape 10 years ago, even good upholstery, but he just left it out in the weather. Wanted too many $$ for the touring & I have enough projects here, and right now NO $$. Becoming self-employed isn't all it's cracked up to be, financially! (Not that I had any choice once I got the layoff notice.)
Yes, need to come out there; with no rain, should be easy! We lost 7 trees so far with the wind storms--no cars/buildings were harmed though!
Barney is waiting for me to finish the house first--or at least get the living room done! Meantime, he is in a nice new garage and no longer subjected to neighborhood cats living in him! Put the Garage up with my severance pay so I could clean out the shop area to do piano work to make money (nice theory, huh?--well, Linda bought the idea! :-) ).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Saturday, March 14, 2015 - 01:12 pm:

Welcome to the group great trucks sent you a message as well

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration