1923 Roadster Video

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 1923 Roadster Video
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Thursday, February 12, 2015 - 12:28 pm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_jbjG3sQ10&feature=em-uploademail

This gentleman has a lot of really nice YouTube videos of the antique cars he sells and I get the impression they're not especially expensive.
Unfortunately, he doesn't include his contact information.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, February 12, 2015 - 12:38 pm:

Nice looking car! :-)

In his video on the 1917 Model T Roadster, he mentions that he had the restoration work done at "All Era Automotive" in Connecticut. A Google search for "all era automotive ct" got lots of hits on a place called "New Era Automotive" in Waterbury, CT, I wonder if that is the place and the guy got the shop name a little wrong.

He mentions that the restoration shop is near his shop, so he must also be in Waterbury.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Hunt on Friday, February 13, 2015 - 10:55 am:

If this car is so wonderful how come it has only done 50 miles in 5 years. It seems to me that it hasn't even been run enough to sort it out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Friday, February 13, 2015 - 11:09 am:

It's not a 1923. It's at least a 1924 due to the high radiator, hood and cowl.

There always seems to be unnecessary confusion regarding 1923 and 1924 Fords.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, February 13, 2015 - 11:44 pm:

In may states if it was bought and titled in 1923 then that's what the title shows, 1923. If the engine number date is before Dec 31 1923, then it's a 1923 in the style of 1924.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Friday, February 13, 2015 - 11:55 pm:

What was the last year for having the two handles to open the turtle deck?..This one just has the key-hole in the middle like my 25, is that correct for a 23-4?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 12:01 am:

Manufacturers determine model years, not state governments.

It's not a 1923 Model T regardless of what the DMV says.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 12:17 am:

State governments don't know beans. They call a three-door car a four-door. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 08:55 am:

John, the last year for the two handles on the turtle deck was 1922. The 1923 style runabout with the key opened turtle deck was introduced in november 1922.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 09:32 am:

Mark -- If you had a 1957 Ford, fins and all, and its title said it was a '56, would you call it a '56 or a '57? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 09:57 am:

Depends if I am buying parts or selling :-) If I was in the know I would sell it as a 1957 (1924) "MODEL" sold and titled in late 1956 (1923).
"Manufacturers determine model years, not state governments." True but I think that many people are going to sell by the year listed on the title no matter what MODEL YEAR the car is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 09:58 am:

A story attributed to President Lincoln whom once asked a congressman how many legs his calf would have if he called its tail a leg, replied, Five, to which Lincoln's prompt response was made that calling the tail a leg would not make it a leg.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 10:15 am:

If you think this is 'off center' wait about 25 or so more years. Even today average people call just about any old car with spoke wheels a Model T.
Its not because if ignorance but having a generic knowledge of old cars.

They think they were all black and any thing old must be a Model T. Check out the Ebay listings. You can see it from time to time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 12:09 pm:

It could even be a '25. Look at the large steering wheel, and the late '25 front spring. Also the rear curtain windows were done incorrectly regardless of what year it is. It is only exceptional in the eyes of the owner.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 07:27 pm:

Contact info and the exceptional asking price are conveniently omitted ?????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 07:51 pm:

If it was restored to perfection, it wouldn't need that steering damper!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 09:57 pm:

The owner of the vehicle didn't seem all that pleased that it took three times to get it running..:-) Also notice how the guy driving the car shut it off in full advance and left it that way, the owner had to correct that also.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration