I have a jack question, or two

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: I have a jack question, or two
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Clark-Deer Lodge, Tn on Thursday, February 12, 2015 - 08:11 pm:

Could someone tell me what year the smaller jack on the right is for?

I was out mowing my back yard, and I found a piece of steel sticking up. I didn't want to hit it with the mower, so after a year or two. Last summer I tried to kick it loose, buy no go. I went and got a shovel, and dug it out. It was the jack on the left. Just a corner of the base was sticking out of the ground, in the middle of my backyard. Could you tell me what it was used on too.

Then I have the screw type jack, anyone know anything about it?

I am not going to sell them. I have been using the two smaller ones for years, and I am going to keep on using them. Just curious.

Pat

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, February 12, 2015 - 08:32 pm:

The first jack, on the left, is a TT style. There are a lot of very similar jacks. It may be an actual TT jack, or not. If it is, you should find 3389-X on it somewhere. The jacks are pretty common, but the 3391-X handle is rare. The second jack, on the right, is the T style used until about 1925. Again, there are a lot of very similar jacks. If it's an actual T jack it will have the Ford mark on the handle. I have no clue about the third one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Thursday, February 12, 2015 - 08:35 pm:

The bigger one on the left is a TT truck type jack. If you look on back side of where the handle goes it may be Ford script.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration