Finding pics from previous threads

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Finding pics from previous threads
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rik Van on Friday, February 13, 2015 - 04:58 am:

Hi All,
I joined the forum 4 years ago my first post was Dec. 14 2011 (Got Wood? 1915-22 roadster) describes my quest to resuscitate some old panels. With the plethora of knowledge available here and support from a couple of very magnanimous gents (bob M.,jim) who provided wood plans and manuals I began collecting the rest of the car at a certain point I was even able to mock the car up and post some pictures however as often happens circumstances changed and I had to dismantle and store the skins again and let the rest go (no shop) any way I have also lost those pics is there any way to search for your old posts or pics?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rik Van on Friday, February 13, 2015 - 05:54 am:

(jim p.)after ages of bleary eyed searching through the old forums I found most of the pics in my posting: any "techies" left on here? May 15 2012 I guess thats the pinnacle my car reached....makes me wistful...I wish I could get the ball rolling again I regularly check my local craigslist but havent seen a single T parts ad in at least a couple of years despite millions being made I guess our NW rust and maybe also some "hoarding" has to do with that....Oh well maybe some day - cheers

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rod Barrett - Anderson, IN on Friday, February 13, 2015 - 06:16 am:

At the top of this forum you click on keyword Search.
Search by keyword : Search for: Rik Van, Look in: Names of Authors.
Search options : Search topic: Forum 2012.
I performed this search with the Forum 2011 and it did not show your thread http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/253472.html?1325232741. There may be a glitch in the search engine. It does work on 2012 and 2015 but no other years. I hope this helps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Friday, February 13, 2015 - 07:03 am:

Google is often more effective when searching the forum, like this: http://goo.gl/2bVULA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Friday, February 13, 2015 - 09:26 am:

What Roger said. When using the Forum Search for Authors, I find it works best if you change the "And" to "Or". Shouldn't make a difference, but it does.

Here is part of what I found:

rik van search

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rik Van on Friday, February 13, 2015 - 01:04 pm:

Thanks a lot guys! I actually found it by searching "canadian" but now I can have a look through some of the other posts to find any other lost pics

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, February 13, 2015 - 02:56 pm:

I Find the search engine has problems with stuff posted in 2009.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration