OT - The importance of Family ...

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT - The importance of Family ...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Friday, February 13, 2015 - 08:51 am:

Just a suggestion ...

If you have a nephew - niece - grandson - grand daughter - cousin that you have not talked to in awhile ...

Take some time to sit down with them & see how they are doing - listen and perhaps try to lend a hand or give advice if asked ...

It will make you feel better ...

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, February 13, 2015 - 09:37 am:

The last time I sent an email to all the relatives promoting the family reunion I reminded them that nobody comes to the end, looks back at his life, and says, "I wish I'd spent more time at work and less with my family." Any opportunity to spend some time with that important person may be your last.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael R Beary on Friday, February 13, 2015 - 09:55 am:

Steve, we all know that, but it is hard to do! MY 95 year old aunt fell and broke her hip and we are making time for her. My brother-in-law broke 8 ribs and had 16 stitches in his head after a weld broke on a catwalk at work. We will be keeping up with him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Mc Willie on Friday, February 13, 2015 - 10:42 am:

Jim- Thank you for this important reminder. It is too easy to get caught up in our day to day life and forget about people we care about, especially those who we do not see on a regular basis. Thanks again and safe travels.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By steve miller- mississauga,ontario on Friday, February 13, 2015 - 10:44 am:

This has become a rush, rush, hurry, hurry world.
The Province of Ontario passed into law a few years ago, Family Day which is observed this coming Monday.
Please take the time before the opportunity is lost.
Steve Miller

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nino Knobloch on Friday, February 13, 2015 - 02:40 pm:

Last sunday we have make the very best. My father(75) and me (45) drove with my FORD A one turn trough our town. We had very nice weather and so this was the best what we could do!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Friday, February 13, 2015 - 09:00 pm:

I am lucky that I have a fairly close knit family. We do not get to see each other as much as we would like to. I have one uncle and 2 aunts still living on dads side of the family, and a uncle and aunt on moms side. We call and talk on a regular basis. I just lost my last grandparent about a year ago (my 94 year old grandmother), but we saw her almost every day, and had her stay with us every time she felt good enough, even after she had to go to the nursing home because she needed constant care. We went to see her every day at the nursing home. I do not regret any, the time it took to see her and care for her. Facebook and cell phones really help keeping in touch with the cousins and nieces and nephews that live far away. Every family has that special aunt, uncle, or ??? that everyone seems to love and look up to. The one who helps everyone else and never does anything for themselves. Im lucky to be married to that person.. Jim brings up a good point by mentioning to keep in touch. If you have family, be part of it ... even the old grumpy ones too. :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration